New J.K. Rowling Interview Quotes and Image from The Oprah Winfrey Show (Updated)

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Rosi
September 27, 2010, 10:38 AM

A press release issued today has a number of new quotations from J.K. Rowling's interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show, which will air this Friday, 1st October. Speaking to Oprah about the pressure of sudden stardom, Rowling says, "At that point, I kept saying to people, yeah I’m coping…but the truth was there were times when I was barely hanging on by a thread."

Update: A brand new image of J.K. Rowling and Oprah can now be seen here in our galleries!

The Harry Potter author also spoke about the moment she knew her life had changed forever, during her second tour of the USA:

There was this enormous Barnes & Noble, and I thought, oh my God.  And the queue snaked up the street, up the Barnes & Noble, up through four floors and they took me in the back entrance.  They opened the door and they screamed.  They screamed….That’s a real stand-out moment for me.  I knew it was getting big in that there was press attention and so on, but at that point, that for me...was when it felt 'Beatle-esque.'
Stay close to Leaky for more from the interview as it comes in! You can see the first images from the interview via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Morse_telegrapher_thumb

Looking forward to the interview. Locally on WFLA-TV in Tampa, FL.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on September 27, 2010, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Deathly_002_001_thumb

Interesting :)

Posted by wiltabone on September 27, 2010, 11:19 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Can’t wait to hear the rest of it, JKR’s always so fascinating.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on September 27, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Ron-hermione-romione-3219846-1024-821_thumb

Should be an interesting interview.

Posted by Ron&Hermione-4-ever [ROAR] on September 27, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator

wish i could be there and ask jo a question, i got a really good one XD

Posted by LittleBayPony on September 27, 2010, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

SO EXCITED FOR THIS! :) I love the fact that Orpah went to HER for the interview =D

Posted by DesQueJteVois on September 27, 2010, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Avatars_books_quotes_feb07_thumb

Can’t wait to see it, but I’m not from the US!! Does anyone know where I could watch it??

Posted by BlueOwl4 on September 27, 2010, 12:50 PM report to moderator
G036_thumb

Oh this is so exciting! I can’t wait to hear more of this awesome interview! You rock Jo!!!

Posted by zimzim on September 27, 2010, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_thumb

JK is better than the beatles what is she talking about

Posted by ZachBlack [ROAR] on September 27, 2010, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Actual_kurt_hummel_thumb

So cool x)

Posted by Gryffindor_Girl_xx {ROAR!!} on September 27, 2010, 02:17 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_morals_3_by_mazza_909_thumb

I’m looking forward to see/hear the rest of it :)

Posted by Lonewolf_ ^HISS^ on September 27, 2010, 02:26 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to see it. I found out that the show is on twice a day here so if I miss the first I can stay up and watch the second.

Posted by Ratorr on September 27, 2010, 02:35 PM report to moderator

can’t wait!!!

Posted by ExpectoPatronum512 on September 27, 2010, 02:41 PM report to moderator
111253053264374815_j3jgvm8y_c_thumb

Very excited for this! It will be amazing!

Posted by ksddancer... ROAR!!!!!!! on September 27, 2010, 04:03 PM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope i can find a way to watch it!!!!!!!

Posted by JK.jr. on September 27, 2010, 04:20 PM report to moderator

"It wasn't your fault, Harry," Mrs. Weasley whispered.[br]"I told him to take the cup with me," said Harry.[br]Now the burning feeling was in his throat too. He wished Ron would look away.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014