J. K. Rowling to Appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" Next Friday (Updated)

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Edward
September 24, 2010, 05:27 PM

Thanks to TLC reader Kyle we are now getting word that an interview with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling will air on on the Friday, October 1, episode of the nationally syndicated "The Oprah Winfrey Show."  The DVR listing reads:

All New! On Location in Scotland: Oprah & Harry Potter Phenom Billionaire J.K. Rowling: All new! Oprah sits down with the billionaire behind the "Harry Potter" empire: J.K. Rowling.
A listing on WSOC, the local ABC affiliate for Charlotte, North Carolina, confirms the report, and offers and expanded preview of the episode.  Quoteage:
Friday, October 1
All New! On Location In Scotland: Oprah & “Harry Potter Phenom” Billionaire J.K. Rowling (PG)
She's the “Beatles" of bestsellers, the first self-made billionaire author in history – selling more than 400 million books and captivating readers in 69 languages and 200 countries. Today Oprah is on location in Scotland with J.K. Rowling, the billionaire mom behind the “Harry Potter” empire as she takes on the harsh critics, and opens up about depression, her biggest regrets, and the love of her life. Find out how her epic failure became a billion dollar success story, and why she turned down an offer from the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. Join us for a fascinating hour, on Friday's Oprah.
As readers will recall, earlier this month TLC reported that "The Oprah Winfrey Show" was looking for "fans willing to appear on the programme to talk about how J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter series has inspired them or their family."  We await further confirmation on the airing of this episode, and will update you when such information becomes available.  To see when the "The Oprah Winfrey Show" airs in your market, a listing is available via this link.

Update:  The official Oprah Winfrey Show website has been updated to reflect the October 1st airing of the interview with Harry Potter author J. K. Rowling.

Many thanks, Kyle!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Ootp_tumblr_thumb

ha, first! melissa u totally called that! kudos to u. :)

Posted by hermy007 on September 24, 2010, 05:58 PM report to moderator

YES. YES. YES. I’ve been waiting to hear this news! SOOOO excited. :)

Posted by emdash84 on September 24, 2010, 06:04 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I sent that info to you too…. glad you posted about it. :) I’m recording that episode for sure. lol

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 24, 2010, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

My_quote1_thumb

omg i cant wait i am so recording it on as many hd channels as i can.
I wonder if she will announce anything new : p

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 24, 2010, 06:14 PM report to moderator
9387883_csua9n9y_c_thumb

Oh how fun, now to find what out what channel will show it in the UK.

Posted by Snunkiebrian (Gold Marauder46) on September 24, 2010, 06:16 PM report to moderator

Im so watching this

PS I NEVER watch the Oprah show

Posted by hedwigrulz on September 24, 2010, 06:17 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i so excited

Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 24, 2010, 06:18 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i just set the recording for the regular channel and HD channel. I will also not go to lunch after school with my friends but come to watch when it airs.

i am such a freak wonder what my friends will. LOL
Posted by thundermountain7*Roar* on September 24, 2010, 06:24 PM report to moderator
My_quote1_thumb

i am such a freak wonder what my friends will. LOL
0322091528_thumb

Billionaire, blah blah, Billionaire.
Seriously, why can’t they just talk about her creativity.
Tennis anyone?? – davidantczak.com

Posted by taoist1 on September 24, 2010, 06:26 PM report to moderator
58118_132230363492317_100001160614391_151843_1249933_n_thumb

OMG!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait to see this interview!!!!!!!!!

Posted by JK.jr. on September 24, 2010, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Mad-eye-moody_thumb

Wow, I will have to find a way to watch this! Hopefully it’ll be on youtube or something.

Posted by eccentricalice on September 24, 2010, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Emma_watson_polyvore_thumb

That sounds so awesome! I have to people that I truly look up together! It’s like a dream come true!

wasn’t Starkidpotter going to be on Oprah too?

Posted by silverdoe65 on September 24, 2010, 07:50 PM report to moderator

"Half the f-f-family's in the Order, it'll b-b-be a miracle if we all come through this... and P-P-Percy's not talking to us... What if something d-d-dreadful happens and we had never m-m-made up? And what's going to happen if Arthur and I get killed, who