Vote for the Blu-Ray Cover of "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" on Facebook

DH Film
Posted by: Stephanie_J
January 28, 2011, 04:21 PM

Warner Bros. is giving its Harry Potter UK Facebook fans the chance to vote for the Blu-ray cover of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1."

In a new video on the page, actress Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) presents the two options and explains how to vote.

The two options both feature the same image of the trio being chased through the forest, but in different positions. Fans will most likely recognize this image from Part 1's theatrical poster.

In order to place your vote, "Like" the official Harry Potter UK Facebook page and click on the "Blu-ray Poll" tab. Voting ends at midnight GMT on January 30th.

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray in the UK on April 11th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Pheonix2_thumb

2nd option looks best, this must be what they were talking about being a huge deal on facebook yesterday, guess no trailer today.

Posted by Liderc on January 28, 2011, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I have to say I like option 1. I mean I love 2 but it’s already the music cover and I don’t like how Rupert is so far away! Option 1 has them all nice and close :) But I’ll be happy with either!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on January 28, 2011, 04:45 PM report to moderator
  1. Witch ROAR!: Haha, Rupert being so far away on the second is also the reason I like the first one best. xD But also, We’ve just seen number two so much already, it would be nice with something new.
Posted by MaiBrunholm on January 28, 2011, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Hpdh_capture_thumb

I voted for option 2. I liked the theatrical poster, it really captures the fast paced nature of the movie.

Posted by sirius33 on January 28, 2011, 07:06 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I voted for option 2. option 1 was to jumbled up and they were all too close together.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on January 28, 2011, 08:10 PM report to moderator

haha, The movie isn’t fast paced XD
But I like option 2 the best as well. Not that it matters, I won’t be buying the blue-ray edition.

Posted by Redbeard on January 28, 2011, 08:26 PM report to moderator

This is a good way to get the fans involved, seeing as news about Part 2 has been extremely thin on the ground, but it does seem a bit silly. Why not release the Blu-Ray with different sleeves; that way fans could choose which one they liked best and most people would be happy. Personally, I think thew cover is a bit of a let down: that poster has been everywhere. It would have been nice to see something new.

Posted by johnmtoner on January 28, 2011, 09:42 PM report to moderator

Posted by johnmtoner on January 28, 2011, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Hni_0022_thumb

thats awesome, i would of liked if they were both more drastically different, but i like the second, the first it too close and jumbled lol .. anyways i wont be buying the blu ray version … :\

Posted by ϟ☮Sindi a.k.a Remy [ROAR!!]☮ϟ on January 28, 2011, 09:51 PM report to moderator

For the Part 2 DVD, even though its aeons away, they should make it like the US cover of the book, but with the actors – that would be completely perfect!

Posted by johnmtoner on January 28, 2011, 09:57 PM report to moderator

I think the second option is better, however I like the first for the fact that the trio is featured equally on the cover. And Emma more so because she really carried the movie.

Posted by PotionsMaster7 on January 28, 2011, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Pheonix2_thumb

Now that I’m looking at them more, I almost think they wanted to force us into voting for the 2nd choice. Anyone else feel this way? They jammed the trio into our faces in the first one and it’s almost awkward. They probably have the 2nd version printed out 10million times already and are just using this as some fake way of getting fans involved. Sounds a bit cynical I know, but it kind of just hit me earlier.

Posted by Liderc on January 28, 2011, 11:22 PM report to moderator
002_thumb

i don’t have facebook therefore i can’t vote :(

Posted by Iris Lily™ on January 29, 2011, 01:33 AM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

@ Liderc i feel the same way,option 1 doesn`t look that great.So eveyone`s voting for option 2.,and i`m sure wb was planning to use that as the cover anyway,they always use the theatrical poster,but this way they can say the fans “choose” the cover rollseye

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on January 29, 2011, 04:02 AM report to moderator

Ater six films they finally change the trio pose, so you won’t hear me complaining in the first place.

Posted by Redbeard on January 29, 2011, 04:54 AM report to moderator

...she shoved Harry forward toward the steps, past the conductor, who goggled at Harry as he passed.[br]"'Ere -- it's 'Arry --!"[br]"If you shout his name I will curse you into oblivion," muttered Tonks menacingly, now shunting Ginny and Hermione forward.