MTV Discusses "What's Worked Best" in the Harry Potter Movies

Movies
Posted by: Mel
June 14, 2010, 11:17 PM

As readers will recall, the filming of "Deathly Hallows" wrapped two days ago, inspiring sadness in a few of the actors who worked on the films. Today, MTV commented on what they believe the best elements of the six movies that have already been released are, as well as the moments they think will resonate most in "Deathly Hallows: Part 1" and "Deathly Hallows: Part 2." For "Goblet of Fire" MTV discusses Voldemort:

"Voldemort had made several appearances in a variety of forms in 'Harry Potter' in the first three films, but it wasn't until 'Goblet of Fire' that he actually regained a corporeal form (and killed off Robert Pattinson as Cedric Diggory, in the process!). The perfect casting of Ralph Fiennes, the intimidating character design and the actor's chill-inducing use of the Avada Kedavra curse made Voldemort a villain worth hating."

You can read about the other seven movies here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Img_0211__2__thumb

Ummm – didn’t Peter Pettigrew kill Cedric Diggory in the graveyard with the Avada Kedavra curse? Remember – Voldemort said: “Kill the spare” – and Pettigrew did it. That means MTV is (once again) incorrect and the actor did not conduct a “chill inducing use of the Avada Kedavra curse.” Although – his "Crucio"s were very chill-inducing.

Posted by sueml on June 15, 2010, 12:14 PM report to moderator
Jkloling_thumb

i agreed with almost everything they said but i think that there was more they could have said but oh well :PP

Posted by SeVeRuS<3 ツ [ITC] on June 15, 2010, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Gryffcutie_thumb

I just read that article and I agree that those scenes were pretty memorable for each of the films. I can’t wait to see DH but yet I don’t want it to end either.

Posted by Gryffindor Cutie on June 15, 2010, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am definitely fascinated by the list they have formed but am definitely intrigueDd to hear what other fans think.

Posted by Kirk on June 15, 2010, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-covers_thumb
Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as Voldemort & Robert P. was great as Cedric!
Posted by lynneb88 on June 15, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator

so sad

Posted by Mew5645 on June 15, 2010, 02:19 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

I really thought that Ralph Finnes did a great job playing Voldemort. His mannerisms and the way he felt his face etc. when he regained his body were spot on. I thought too that he captured the menace of Voldie very well. The actors were all very good.Don’t forget Umbridge! That was one nasty lady as played by Staunton.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on June 15, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

It’s pretty hard to pick the one part of a HP film that worked best. I think that’s rather superficial. I think some mention of the development of the Dumbledore/Harry relationship in HBP should have been made.

Posted by Girlraven1 on June 15, 2010, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Romione-wallpaper-romione-29099904-1200-900_thumb

Cedric,“who are u? What do u want?”
“avada kedavra”

it was,no doubt,a well made scene…

Posted by rohit_ASP«Я☼AR» on June 15, 2010, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Movies_ootp_premieries_imax_001_thumb

Cant say that vlodemort is a cutting edge. but one things for sure. he is a villain worth hating.

Posted by Azaad Potter The Chosen One [ROAR] on June 15, 2010, 03:23 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

What in HP worked best for me:

A very happy Harry flying on Buckbeak (my favorite scene in entire series)
Alfonso Cuaron
Kenneth Branagh
Evanna Lynch
Imelda Staunton
Alan Rickman
Emma Thompson
Ralph Fiennes
Brendan Gleeson
Miranda Richardson

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on June 15, 2010, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

I think whats really made the movies great have been the actors. There is such great talent in all the movies! Unlike a lot of other movie franchises that have become very popular. cough, cough, twilight

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 15, 2010, 05:39 PM report to moderator

The article was good but has been pointed out Wormtail killed the spare. In mentioning all the fabulous actors and actresses in the series we can not forget Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Richard Harris and alot of marvelous young actors that held this whole thing together for 10 years. The trailer show Harry standing in fromt of 4 Privet Drive letting Hedwig fly away. What really happens in the film???

Posted by hewy on June 15, 2010, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Ravens_thumb

I don’t think that the writer of the piece was that familiar with the book 7. Dobby’s death happens very deep into book 7 (about halfway through). So I’m not putting much faith in the article when it says that Dobby’s death will be in the first part of DH.

To me the sets, as well as the casting of course, were amazing. That first entrance to Diagon Alley in SS and to the Ministry of Magic in OotP were unbelievable.

Posted by estrella22 on June 15, 2010, 06:32 PM report to moderator
Unknown_thumb

Yeah the article said Dobby’s death would be in Part 1. That doesn’t make much sense. They probably didn’t realize it’s much further in the book.

Also, I love Hedwig, but I’m not going to be torn apart when he dies. I was shocked when Hedwig died, but I don’t think it is going to be one of the most memorable parts from the movie.

Posted by Katie_Lily on June 15, 2010, 07:05 PM report to moderator

"Oh, you don't know Potter as I do, Bellatrix," said Malfoy softly. "He has a great weakness for heroics; the Dark Lord understands this about him. [i]Now give me the prophecy, Potter."