Dan Radcliffe Discusses the Last Day of Filming "Deathly Hallows"

Radcliffe
Posted by: Mel
June 14, 2010, 03:03 AM

Yesterday at the Tony Awards, Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) spoke about wrapping up the shooting of "Deathly Hallows":

"'Everyone was really devastated. It was really, really sad,' Radcliffe said Sunday. '[We] were crying quite a lot.' ...When asked how it felt to end his role as the boy wizard, Radcliffe said, 'It's a weird, weird feeling.'"
"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" will be released in theatres November 19th, 2010, and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" will be released July 15th, 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Oh dear! I’m sitting here with a lump in my throat and filling eyes. Sniff.

Posted by Graymayne on June 14, 2010, 03:33 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

We understand,Dan…it’s really devastating.
Still,nothing’s ending! Harry Potter will live forever!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on June 14, 2010, 03:49 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

It’s the end of an era.

Posted by accioangela on June 14, 2010, 04:01 AM report to moderator
E67bef30d36eed408465409ac450a25c1381c7da_normal_thumb

Im soooo sad :(… THANK HARRY i have The wizarding world to look forward to :D

Posted by HufflepuffCheerLeader on June 14, 2010, 05:10 AM report to moderator

very sad…

Posted by Dawna on June 14, 2010, 07:27 AM report to moderator
Pic_20_2312ma14060069-0001_thumb

I knew they would feel this way.of course. I just hope they filmed it all! How great will it be to see them say ‘cut’ then gather around, hug and cry.Such an important moment.I could tell at the Tony’s he had a sort of ‘lost’ look about him.

Posted by Dlcohm7 on June 14, 2010, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I’m sure it is very difficult for the core actors especially. The HP movies have been such a dominating part of their lives. They have shared something very, very special that they will likely never have again in their lifetimes.

Posted by Lillylove on June 14, 2010, 07:41 AM report to moderator
Always_thumb

Oh no :( Hopefully the series will go out on a great high, the last two films are going to be insanely good :D

Posted by spiritbound on June 14, 2010, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

It has to be so surreal, I know its surreal to me to think that once DH 1 and 2 are out there is nothing more to look forward to from that wonderful magical world we were able to escape to in our minds.

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on June 14, 2010, 09:14 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I am sure there was a lot of crying! I am going to cry now! :(

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on June 14, 2010, 09:22 AM report to moderator
Morse_telegrapher_thumb

It doesn’t have to end quite yet, there are still to movies worth of material in the book OotP and at least another movie in unused stuff from HBP. Hey WB, wanna make an additional $3B from Harry Potter? There are at least 3 movies still in the books!

Posted by Phoenix1946 on June 14, 2010, 09:41 AM report to moderator
P1010012_thumb

Oh my gosh, poor actors and crew! Wow.

Posted by Gwynog'srabbit on June 14, 2010, 10:05 AM report to moderator

Whatever I may feel about them dividing up book 7 into two films, words cannot express the emotion I felt at seeing the words “wrapping up the shooting of Deathly Hallows”. Wow. Talk about the end of an era. It seems, however much I grow up, there are all these little endings of the end of my extended childhood I borrowed for a while. To have participated in this fandom has been incredible.

Posted by CristalShandaLear on June 14, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator

Posted by CristalShandaLear on June 14, 2010, 10:07 AM report to moderator
Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

@Dlcohm7: I did too notice that “lost” look at his face.
It was great to see him. It’s still sad that it is an end of an era. =(

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on June 14, 2010, 10:13 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"...I remembered the most unusual form your Patronus took, when it charged Mr. Malfoy down at your Quidditch match against Ravenclaw. You know, Harry, in a way, you did see your father last night... You found him inside yourself."