Create Your Own House Scarf for September Craft Along

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2009, 11:03 AM

It is September 1st, which means young witches and wizards are setting forth from Platform 9 3/4 on their journey to Hogwarts for the start of the new school year.  Our Crafty Witches have chosen this occasion to inspire their September Craft Along, which involves crafting your very own Hogwarts House Scarf.  Join in with your fellow crafters for this project which can show your creative crafting skills, as well as your House pride.  Tutorials for both knitting and crotchet projects representing each House are available right here, as are videos on the knitting technique.  Join in the fun and discussion with your fellow crafters in the Leaky Lounge, and be sure to post pictures of your completed works over in this thread.

Happy Crafting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Imgres_1__thumb

That’s creative and fun, but i don’t think i can participate =)

Posted by mjkalldaway (ROAR) on September 02, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Avatarrockthesoul057

I ironically started my Harry Potter class on September 1st. haha

Posted by Britski on September 02, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator
Lunagreen_thumb

Cool….I have always wanted to learn to knit better, though crocheting is more my thing…I really want a Ravenclaw scarf though, so I may have to jump in on this…in my “spare time” LOL!

Posted by Flora Lovegood {<3WBM<3} on September 03, 2009, 12:10 AM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

i totally want to participate

Posted by Rowling Stones on September 03, 2009, 07:34 PM report to moderator

____73_thumb

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 04, 2009, 07:25 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahahahahahaha

Posted by wing on September 04, 2009, 07:25 AM report to moderator

I would love to make myself a Ravenclaw scarf, in real Ravenclaw colors. But unfortunately I don’t know how to knit.

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on September 04, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator

Hm, I’ve already made a movie-colors Ravenclaw scarf (the wide stripes version), and a house unity scarf of my own design, but now I’m teaching at a school that actually has four houses of its own (whose house colors are also red, yellow, blue, and green, funnily enough) and I’m in the house with yellow as its color, so I think my fall knitting project will be to create my own design that’s got plenty of yellow, and touches of the other three colors, and probably some black as well, but still a basic knit tube that I flatten when it’s done to make a nice, warm, double-thick scarf. Knitting stockinette in the round and counting rows between color changes is about all I have mental energy for these days outside of school!

Posted by MissJubilee on September 05, 2009, 12:06 AM report to moderator

I’ll give it a try! :D

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:13 PM report to moderator

Those illusion scarves look truly magical!!!

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:15 PM report to moderator

pshaw… wish I had more spare time :P

Posted by AudreyLouiseLovegood on September 05, 2009, 09:16 PM report to moderator

Professor Trelawney moved into the firelight, and they saw that she was very thin; her large glasses magnified her eyes to several times their natural size, and she was draped in a gauzy spangled shawl. Innumerable chains and beads hung around her spindly