Create Your Own House Scarf for September Craft Along

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2009, 11:03 AM

It is September 1st, which means young witches and wizards are setting forth from Platform 9 3/4 on their journey to Hogwarts for the start of the new school year.  Our Crafty Witches have chosen this occasion to inspire their September Craft Along, which involves crafting your very own Hogwarts House Scarf.  Join in with your fellow crafters for this project which can show your creative crafting skills, as well as your House pride.  Tutorials for both knitting and crotchet projects representing each House are available right here, as are videos on the knitting technique.  Join in the fun and discussion with your fellow crafters in the Leaky Lounge, and be sure to post pictures of your completed works over in this thread.

Happy Crafting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

2009_332_thumb

I have a whole etsy dedicated to this! Check out my scarves at amyzee.etsy.com! But I’ll be taking part for sure!

Posted by wizweasley on September 01, 2009, 09:06 PM report to moderator
Dobbyafreeelf_thumb

Ah I wish I could knit so bad!!

Posted by Promote Elfish Welfare [*SQUEE*] on September 02, 2009, 03:42 AM report to moderator
090816_mikagryffindor_thumb

I still have my unfinished Gryffindor scarf from a few years ago, maybe this will be a good time to finish! If I have any free time this semester, that is.

Posted by Mika Maxwell on September 02, 2009, 03:54 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

I wish I could do it because I want a Slytherin scarf but I am absolutely hopeless at knitting!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on September 02, 2009, 06:24 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

If only I had time. Sounds awesome. Good luck everyone who gives it ago!! ;D

I just knitted myself a scarf that says PUFF on every black and yellow stripe. I must post a picture soon!!

Posted by happytheodoreperson on September 02, 2009, 07:48 AM report to moderator
256711_10150221813434313_156794164312_6685874_138101_o_thumb

wow! that’s brilliant! but i cant knit =( that’d be great if i could knit myself a gryffindor scarf…

Posted by __caLixte_aeron_bLack__*ROAR!* on September 02, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
Bartyc_thumb

u guys need to check out this site
www.gtjw.blogspot.com
its one the best blogs eva

Posted by ghostflyer on September 02, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! but i hate knitting…

Posted by Astha on September 02, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_and_the_deathly_hallows__part_i_58_thumb

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! but i hate knitting…

Posted by Astha on September 02, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Cropped_thumb

I can knit and I have already knitted my House Griffundor’s Scarf and blouse!

Posted by ~ Asi ~ on September 02, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Alas, I do not knit…

Posted by Won_Two on September 02, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Cuppicsmall_thumb

runs to yarn basket…let’s see…yellow…black… oh yes! Hufflepuff scarf here I come! >.<

Posted by Ivy Nettlebed on September 02, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Just by looking at how cool these scarves look I’m am going to TRY to learn how to knit. I’ve tried once before last winter sometime, but it went very slowly and I kinda gave up, but I’ll hope this acts as a kind of stroke of inspiration. I really liked the first version of the PoA scarves anyway.

Posted by Lisbry on September 02, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Posted by Lisbry on September 02, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator

"Harry Potter is too good to Dobby!" he squeaked, wiping large tears out of his enormous eyes.