Create Your Own House Scarf for September Craft Along

Leaky
Posted by: Edward
September 01, 2009, 11:03 AM

It is September 1st, which means young witches and wizards are setting forth from Platform 9 3/4 on their journey to Hogwarts for the start of the new school year.  Our Crafty Witches have chosen this occasion to inspire their September Craft Along, which involves crafting your very own Hogwarts House Scarf.  Join in with your fellow crafters for this project which can show your creative crafting skills, as well as your House pride.  Tutorials for both knitting and crotchet projects representing each House are available right here, as are videos on the knitting technique.  Join in the fun and discussion with your fellow crafters in the Leaky Lounge, and be sure to post pictures of your completed works over in this thread.

Happy Crafting!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Leaky News

Ronhermione_thumb

awesum i luv knitting :) but a bit too lazy :S :D

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on September 01, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
Luna_lovegood_thumb

omg o.o I had totally forgot that!

Posted by vintervarg on September 01, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

I know, I had too. Wish I were on the train with them!

Posted by izziewitch on September 01, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator

i was thinking about them departing from the hogwarts express this morning… i might attempt the knitting… i like to knit :o)

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on September 01, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I’m not a good knitter either… but maybe I could give it a shot. :) lol

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on September 01, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator

I no more knit than fly!

Posted by smgkkg on September 01, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Dh__flight_of_hedwig_by_clouded_ambition_thumb

I made myself a “trapped bars” Ravenclaw scarf like in PoA. It came out fairly well for a first knitting project!

Posted by dcsbelle [WBM] OOM3, CW on September 01, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I would love to do this, but I already am working on 4 other knitting and crocheting projects. Hopefully I will be free for the next one.

Posted by Figment on September 01, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
181535_1649442835222_1211510867_31618841_6686001_n_thumb

SOUNDS AWESOME!

Posted by  HeartbreakDX  on September 01, 2009, 05:53 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

I was taught how to years ago by my grandmother, but I can’t remember anymore. I probably wouldn’t be that good.. But I’m looking fwd to seeing the projects of others!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on September 01, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

If only I could knit! I have always wanted a Harry Potter scarf. Oh well.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on September 01, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Just yesterday, I was wishing I could take a train to DC instead of a plane so I could pretend I was on Hogwarts Express since I’ve never taken a train trip. I’m so silly. :-P

Posted by sgreeter8888 on September 01, 2009, 07:32 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

oh! im in the middle of making a gryffindor one!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on September 01, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Reptile_house_thumb

yeeeeah, not so good at knitting! but mom and sis are, so I’ll be asking them!

Posted by silviaelisa22 on September 01, 2009, 08:28 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

id never be able to do that. im not very patient.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on September 01, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator

"Did you check the lunar chart and realize that I was always ill at the full moon? Or did you realize that the boggart changed into the moon when it saw me?"[br]"Both," Hermione said quietly.[br]Lupin forced a laugh.[br]"You're the cleverest witch of your