PotterCast 174: Ballious Repello

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
November 25, 2008, 01:29 AM

The 174th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast is here for you today, ready to give you your super high-energy Harry Potter fix.  In the news this week, we have for you information on a new picture of Ginny Weasley from the Half-Blood Prince film, location scouting for Deathly Hallows, the call for LeakyCon Proposals now being open, the upcoming release for Beedle the Bard, the Wizard Rock EP Club, and the Harry Potter Alliance STAND Fast activities.  Bit by Bit comes up next with Chapter 17 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  In this segment, the PotterCasters continue on Harry's journey through Godric's Hollow after finding his parent's house.  This is followed by another edition of Beedle Talk, with a discussion of "The Tale of the Three Brothers."  The show wraps up with a some upcoming plans for the PotterCaster's YouTube channel and information on how to get your copy of Jingle Spells 2!  Do not wait to order, as the limited number of physical copies are going fast.  Finally, Melissa gives us an update on Harry, A History being on the New York Times Best Sellers list.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

“Ballious Repello

• Do Quidditch players use athletic supporters?
  • Frak kills the Quartet.
  • LeakyCon panels from the PotterCasters.
  • Hurry up and register for LeakyCon 2009 in Boston, Mass.
  • Have you read the latest Beedle the Bard fan fiction? Neither have we...
  • Beedle Talk on the Three Brothers.
  • A lesson on Parking and Standing Zone laws.
  • Order Jingle Spells 2 now!

RT: 86:23

Producer: John Noe
Editor: Andrew Garner

LeakyCon 2009: A Harry Potter Conference in Boston
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download (30 MB).
Direct download low-bandwidth (8 MB).

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

R-L

I must say I was dismayed at Melissa’s behaviour during this podcast. From time to time I have noticed that she tends to take control of the podcast and just spout her views over the others’ views, but this week was out of control. What’s with the yelling at Frak like that? I thought his theory made sense and frankly, the Fidelius Charm is a confusing bit of the books. Please reign in the bitchiness…yes that’s what it was, I’m sad to say; I mean I lay in bed as I listened and was furious at Melissa’s attitude!. You know a lot about the books, Melissa, but your co-hosts know a fair amount as well! Give them some credit and be patient, for heaven’s sake! Would have been more profitable, I think, to just listen to Frak’s theory and reason it through with him.

And Sue, PLEASE STOP APOLOGIZING for commenting so honestly and openly about how you feel about the books! I love hear your views, especially when you talk about being a single mom as I was raised by a single mom and grandparents. Don’t be sorry, Sue. Just talk about your feelings =)

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and all the best for Christmas and the New Year.

Posted by R-L on November 29, 2008, 07:02 PM report to moderator
MuggleQueen

Why isn’t pottercast.com working? It says:
Status: 500 Internal Server Error Content-Type: text/html
Application error

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html

It’s been like that for a few hours :S Sorry I didn’t really know where to post it but does anybody know why that’s happened?

And to a couple of commenters: PLEASE LEAVE MELISSA ALONE.

Posted by MuggleQueen on November 30, 2008, 07:48 AM report to moderator
R-L

Well it’s not about leaving Melissa alone. I merely commented on her behaviour; it’s my opinion and not an attack on her at all.

Posted by R-L on November 30, 2008, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Jessica P

PotterCast site is down again!!!
Exact same message as before, server must be stuffing up or something.
If it isn’t up tomorrow or by Thursday, I will scream cause by then I will have something of great importance and worth to show ya’ll. I cannot wait to reveal what I have in store.

Posted by Jessica P on December 01, 2008, 05:15 AM report to moderator
hp3to12

Great Podcast guys!

I noticed something, though, that did not make sense during bit by bit. When you guys are talking about us seeing Voldemort’s memory of the night he killed the Potters, Melissa mentions that he sees James, through the window, entertaining Harry by conjuring puffs of colored smoke from the tip of his wand. But then, in the same sentence, you say that Lily and James were caught off guard, both without access to their wands when Voldemort came in. I don’t have access to my copy of DH so I can’t look it up, but what’s the deal there? If James had his wand one second, why didn’t he the next? If the explanation is that he dropped it in the chaos, your (IMO very good) point about the Potters becoming lax in their “constant vigilance,” and the ensuing discussion about the Fidelius charm, are wrong.

Posted by hp3to12 on December 01, 2008, 03:15 PM report to moderator

Professor Trelawney surveyed Hermione with mounting dislike.[br]"You'll forgive me for saying so, my dear, but I perceive very little aura around you. Very little receptivity to the resonances of the future."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014