Names and Families That Need To Be Moved
- Please create a LeakyPedia entry for each character.
- Please create a LeakyPedia entry for each family.
- Please create a LeakyPedia entry for each group.
- Please remove all specific details about characters, families, and groups off this page.
Harry married Ginny Weasley (b. circa 1982; Hogwarts, 1992) (who he first dated in Half Blood Prince before Dumbledore's death and reunited after the war against Voldemort)
Harry Potter: Became Head of the Auror Office after Kingsley Shacklebolt became Minister of Magic
- Ginny Potter: Played professional Quidditch before taking a position at the ministry and had three children:
- James Sirius (b. circa 2005; Gryffindor, 2016?): The oldest son of Harry and Ginny Potter, named for Harry’s father and godfather. He seems to have inherited a bit of Weasley – interrupting his cousins while snogging (DH/e) – as well as a bit of his namesake, stealing the Marauder’s Map from his father’s desk (BLC).
- Albus Severus (b. 2006; Hogwarts, 2017): Middle child of Harry and Ginny Potter, named for Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape (the two greatest Headmasters of Hogwarts (DH/e)). Albus is the only of Harry's children to have Lily's (Harry's mothers) green eyes (DH/e) When he begins Hogwarts he’s quite nervous about being sorted into Slytherin, thanks in large part to the goading of his older brother James; Harry reassures him that the Sorting Hat will take his choice into account (DH/e). Albus is the only one of Harry's children that knows that the hat took Harry's choice.
- Lily Luna (b. 2008; Hogwarts, 2019): Youngest child and only daughter of Harry and Ginny Potter, named for Harry’s mother, Lily. Like her mother twenty-eight years earlier, Lily was jealous as she stood on Platform 9 ¾, watching her older brothers go off to Hogwarts, she still had to wait 2 more years before she was to head off on the Hogwarts Express with them (DH/e).
According to Dumbledore, the Dursleys are Harry Potter's only living relatives (PS1). We do know a little about the rest of the clan, but not much.
Charlus Potter: Rowling's Black Family Tree mentions a Charlus Potter who was married to Dorea Black (1920-1977), a grandchild of Phineas Nigellus Black (BFT). They had one son (unnamed) (BFT). It is doubtful that Charlus is Harry's grandfather because Jo has told us that "James's parents were elderly, were getting on a little when he was born, which explains the only child, very pampered, had-him-late-in-life-so-he's-an-extra-treasure, as often happens, I think. They were old in wizarding terms, and they died." (TLC) Dorea was only 57 when she died.
Potter grandparents: Very little information is given about this side of the family. Harry saw a grandfather among the various relations in the Mirror of Erised, but we haven't been given any more than that. It would seem that all the Potter family were wizards, and that they're all dead (PS12). JKR has told us that there was nothing sinister about the deaths of Harry's Potter grandparents (TLC). Harry's grandfather was in Gryffindor, like his son and grandson (DH34).
Sirius Black ran away from home at the age of 16 and moved in with James' family. He said that James' parents took him in as "a second son" (OP6), which strongly suggests that James was their only son.
Lily Evans had a sister named Petunia Evans. Lily was a Muggle-born witch. After Lily was invited to join the magical world at Hogwarts, Petunia corresponded with Albus Dumbledore about being admitted at Hogwarts. After being politely denied Petunia resented her sister and the way their parents seemed to approve of Lily's magical ability calling her a freak (DH33). Petunia is married to Vernon Dursley and has one son named Dudley.
James Potter (b. 27March1960 d. 31October1981): (DH16) Died when he was only 21 years and 7 months old, approximately 4 years after leaving Hogwarts. Worked for the Order of the Phoenix.
Lily Potter (b. 30January1960 d. 31October1981): (DH16) Died when she was only 21 years and 9 months old, approximately 4 years after leaving Hogwarts. Worked for the Order of the Phoenix.
They had Harry on July 31st 1980 and celebrated his first birthday before their untimely death on Halloween.
Vernon Dursley is completely Muggle. He has no use for anything having to do with magic, thank you very much. As far as we're told, his family consists of himself, his wife Petunia, their spoiled son Dudley, and his sister, Marjorie (Aunt Marge).
The Dursleys' view of the Potters: It isn't clear what their source is, but the Dursleys seem to be under the impression that James Potter did not work. Vernon calls him a "good-for-nothing" (PS1) and Marge viciously calls them drunks and layabouts and says that they got what they deserved. Rowling has told us that James Potter was so wealthy that he did not need a well-paying job (AOL) so Vernon's and Marge's assertions are at best misleading and at worst, fabrications.
The Weasleys are considered one of the prominent wizarding families, although their lack of money and their sympathy for non-pure-blood wizards and even Muggles makes people like the Malfoys look down on them. They live in The Burrow, a ramshackle house of four or five stories "a little way outside" the village of Ottery St. Catchpole (CS3). ([[Weasley family| more...)
Septimus Weasley (b. circa 1910s): The husband of Cedrella Black (born between 1912 and 1917).
Arthur Weasley (b. Feb. 6, circa 1950): Husband of Molly Weasley and father of seven children. Order of the Phoenix Member (second war against Voldemort).
Molly Weasley (b. Oct. 30, circa 1950): Wife of Arthur Weasley and mother of seven children. Order of the Phoenix Member (second war against Voldemort).
Bill Weasley (b. Nov. 29, 1970): Oldest son of Arthur and Molly, he works for Gringotts (previously as a curse breaker in Egypt and during the war at the bank in London); married to Fleur Delacour, and father of Victoire, Dominique and Louis Weasley.
- Fleur (Delacour) Weasley(b. circa 1977): One of the four Triwizard champions; Married to Bill Weasley and mother to Victoire, Dominque and Louis Weasley.
- Victoire Weasley (b. May 2, circa 1999 or 2000; Hogwarts c. 2011): Victoire is the daughter of Bill and Fleur Weasley. She was born on May 2nd, the anniversary of the victory over Voldemort (YL).
- Dominique Weasley (b. ?): Middle child of Bill & Fleur Weasley, this name could belong to either a boy or a girl (YL).
- Louis Weasley (b. ?): Youngest child of Bill & Fleur Weasley (YL).
Charlie Weasley (b. Dec. 12, 1972): Second son of Arthur and Molly, he works with dragons in Romania. (More...)
Percy Ignatius Weasley (b. Aug. 22, 1976): Third son of Molly and Arthur; employed by the Ministry of Magic. Husband of Audrey Weasley, and father to Molly and Lucy Weasley (YL). (More...)
- Audrey Weasley (b. ?) Wife of Percy Weasley and mother to Molly and Lucy Weasley.(YL)
Fred Weasley (b. April 1, 1978 d. May 2, 1998): Twin with George and co-creator of Weasley Wizarding Whizzes. George Weasley (b. Apr. 1, 1978): Twin with Fred, husband of Angelina (Johnson) Weasley (YL). (More...)
- Angelina (Johnson) Weasley (b. late October, 1977): Gryffindor (1989- 1996) Quidditch Chaser, captain (1995 - 1996). A tall black girl (GF16) and an excellent Quidditch player (PS11); born in October, the week before Hallowe'en (GF16). Angelina became Quidditch captain in 1995 (OP12). Later in life, Angelina married George Weasley and had two children, Fred and Roxanne (YL).
Ronald "Ron" Bilius Weasley (b. Mar. 1, 1980): Sixth son of Molly and Arthur, and the best friend of Harry Potter; husband of Hermione (Granger) Weasley (DH/e).
- Hermione Granger (b. Sept. 19, 1979): Best friend of Harry Potter and wife of Ron Weasley. Hermione became the Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement.
- Rose Weasley (b. circa 2006): Rose is the older of Ron and Hermione’s two children, and their only daughter. On 1 September 2017, Rose was preparing to take the Hogwarts Express to her first year at school, and was rather nervous about whether she’d be sorted into Gryffindor (DH/e).
- Hugo Weasley (b. circa 2006-2009): The younger of Ron and Hermione’s two children, Hugo seems to be good friends with Lily Potter (DH/e).
Ginevra Weasley (b. Aug. 11, 1981): Seventh and youngest child of Molly and Arthur; She is the "first girl to be born into the Weasley clan for several generations." (JKR). Wife of Harry Potter (DH/e). (See Potter Family for more information on Ginny and her children)
- Arthur's two (unnamed) brothers (JKR). Is Bilius one of them?
- accountant cousin of Mrs. Weasley - a Muggle accountant who isn't spoken of by the Weasley family (PS6). He or she would actually be a Prewett relative.
- Bilius - uncle to Ron who supposedly saw a Grim and died, twenty-four hours later (PA6). Fred missed him at Bill and Fleur's wedding, saying he always good for a laugh (DH8).
- Lancelot - Great Auntie Muriel's cousin who was a Healer at St. Mungo's (DH8). He is not a Weasley (DH4), but he may not be a Prewett either.
- Mafalda (non-canon; see "Mafalda" below)
- Muriel - Molly's aunt (DH4) and Ron & Ginny's great aunt. She has a lovely "goblin-made" tiara and is apparently is a memorable kisser (HBP14, 29). Muriel is not a Weasley, but as the sister or the sister-in-law of one of Molly's parents, she may not be a Prewett either. Many thanks to Yvonne B. who pointed this out.
See also Weasley family
Bathsheba Babbling Ancient Runes
Binns, Cuthbert wizard, the only ghost teacher History of Magic
Burbage, Charity Muggle Studies (until July, 1997)
Carrow, Alecto Muggle Studies (1997-1998)
Carrow, Amycus Defence Against the Dark Arts (as the Dark Arts) (1997-1998)
Dumbledore, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Headmaster (c.1970 - June 1997) Transfiguration c.1940s
Firenze Divination On staff since 1996, the only centaur teacher
Flitwick, Filius Charms Head of Ravenclaw House
Grubbly-Plank, Wilhelmina temporary - Care of Magical Creatures (January, 1995; September-October 1995)
Hagrid, Rubeus Care of Magical Creatures (September 1993-present) Keeper of the Keys and Grounds
Kettleburn, Silvanus Care of Magical Creatures (early 20th century through spring 1993, when he decided to retire and spend time with his remaining limbs)
Lockhart, Gilderoy Defence Against the Dark Arts 1992- 1993
Longbottom, Neville Herbology c. 2017 (DH/e)
Lupin, Remus Defence Against the Dark Arts 1993- 1994
McGonagall, Minerva Transfiguration Deputy Headmistress Head of Gryffindor House On staff since December of 1956 (OP)
Moody, Alastor "Mad-Eye" Defence Against the Dark Arts 1994- 1995 The real Alastor "Mad-Eye" Moody did not serve on staff, although this was not discovered until June, 1995. The teacher everyone thought was Moody was actually Barty Crouch Jr. in disguise. Still, the real Mad-Eye is counted as a spectacular example of the jinx on the Defence Against the Dark Arts job.
Quirrell, Quirinus Defence Against the Dark Arts 1991 - 1992 Muggle Studies before 1990 - 1991
Sinistra, Aurora Astronomy
Slughorn, Horace Potions Head of Slytherin house c. 1930 - 1980, 1996-97
Snape, Severus Potions 1980-June 1996, Defence Against the Dark Arts 1996-97, left June 1997, Headmaster 1997-1998 Head of Slytherin House On staff since 1981 (or very late 1980) until summer 1997, became Headmaster 1997-1998
Sprout, Pomona Herbology Head of Hufflepuff House
Trelawney, Sibyll Divination On staff since late 1979 or early 1980
Umbridge, Dolores Jane Defence Against the Dark Arts (1995-6)
Vector, Septima Arithmancy Extracurricular Teachers and Other Hogwarts Staff
Filch, Argus caretaker
Hooch, Madam Flying teacher, Quidditch referee
Pince, Irma librarian
Pomfrey, Poppy School nurse
Twycross, Wilkie Apparition instructor from the Ministry of Magic Former staff members
Beery, Herbert Herbology, volunteered to direct Christmas pantomime based on "The Fountain of Fair Fortune" (TBB/FFF) (early 20th century)
Black, Phineas Nigellus headmaster, c. 1800s?
Derwent, Dilys headmistress, 1741 - 1768 (OP22)
Dippet, Armando Headmaster c. 1940
Everard - former, celebrated headmaster, dates unknown (OP21)
Fortescue, Dexter - former headmaster, dates unknown (OP21, DH36)
Merrythought - Defence Against the Dark Arts c. 1940s (HBP23)
Ogg - Groundskeeper (Molly Weasley's era, c. 1960s)
Pringle, Apollyon - caretaker (Molly Weasley's era, c. 1960s)
see also: academics Interesting Quotes by Rowling about the staff
Q: Have any of the Hogwarts professors had spouses? JKR: Good question - yes, a few of them but that information is sort of restricted - you'll find out why. (CR)
Unfortunately, Rowling never got around to telling us why in the books.
The Death Eaters and their associates during the First and Second Wizarding War.
Riddle, Tom Marvolo "Lord Voldemort", also referred to as "You-Know-Who" and "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" 31 December, 1926 - 2 May, 1998 Leader and founder of the Death Eaters in the 1970's. Killed in the Battle of Hogwarts after the destruction of his Horcruxes.
Major Death Eaters: Snape, Severus 9 January, 1960 - 1 May, 1998 Snape led to the deaths of Lily and James Potter. He was, however, a double agent for Albus Dumbledore and the Order of the Phoenix. Snape was ultimately killed by Lord Voldemort for the mastery of the Elder Wand, even though he was not the master. Son of Muggle Tobias Snape and witch Eileen Prince.
Lestrange, Bellatrix 1951 - 2 May, 1998 Lestrange, formerly Black, was wife to Rudolphus Lestrange, sister to Narcissa Malfoy and Andromeda Tonks, and daughter to Cygnus Black III and Druella Rosier. Lestrange, the most fanatical and devoted Death Eater, was most well-known for the crime that earned her a life sentence in Azkaban: the use of the Cruciatus Curse on Frank and Alice Longobttom. Lestrange also performed countless murders, including those of her cousin Sirius Black and neice Nymphadora Lupin (formerly Nymphadora Tonks). Lestrange participated in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries, the Battle over Little Whinging, and the Battle of Hogwarts. She was killed at the latter battle by Molly Weasley while fighting alongside her master. Lestrange was honored with the entrustment of Helga Hufflepuff's Cup shortly before Lord Voldemort's first downfall.
Malfoy, Lucius born 1954 The wife of Narcissa Malfoy (formerly Black), father of Draco, grandfather to Scorpius Hyperion, and son of Abraxas. He was described as being very rich and snobby in the books, as well as being an expert in the Imperius Curse. Malfoy claimed to be under this very curse at the end of the First Wizarding War, and his story was believed by the Ministry. Malfoy was entrusted with Tom Riddle's Diary shortly before this point, and used it to reopen the Chamber of Secrets and attempt to discredit Ginny Weasley. This plan failed, however, and Malfoy was removed of the position of School Governer. Malfoy was present at the rebirth of Lord Voldemort and commanded the Death Eaters in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. He lost favor, however, in the aftermath of these events, and was pardoned for his crimes after his family's lack of participation in the Battle of Hogwarts.
Pettigrew, Peter "Wormtail"
Crouch Jr., Bartemius "Barty"
Black, Regulus Arcturus
Minor Death Eaters:
Associates of the Death Eaters These individuals, while associated with the Death Eaters and their agenda, were never branded with the Dark Mark and were never asked to join their ranks.
Quirrell, Quirinus died 4 June, 1992 Quirrell was partially and willingly possessed by Lord Voldemort from the summer of 1980 - 1982 and attempted to gain the Dark Lord the Phillosopher's Stone on numerous occasions.
Malfoy, Narcissa born 1995 The wife of Death Eater Lucius, mother of Death Eater Draco, and sister to Death Eater Bellatrix, she was never branded with the Dark Mark and, perhaps in foreshadowing, betrayed Lord Voldemort during the Battle of Hogwarts.
Greyback, Fenrir A werewolf and a snatcher who allied himself with the Death Eaters during the Second Wizarding War. Possibly killed by Ron Weasley and Neville Longbottom, or incarcerated in Azkaban Prison for his crimes.
Scabior A member of the gang of Snatchers lead by Fenrir Greyback. Unknown if he was present at the Battle of Hogwarts, but if so, he was likely killed or incarcerated for his crimes.
Ministry of Magic employees
Ministry personnel during the 1980s and 1990s
Bagman, Ludo - Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports (vanished?) (GF7)
Bones, Amelia - (deceased) Head of Department of Magical Law Enforcement, murdered by Voldemort July 1996 [Y16] (HBP1)
Bode, Broderick - (deceased) "Unspeakable," Department of Mysteries (GF7)
Cresswell, Dirk - Head of Goblin Liaison Office (HBP4)
Croaker - "Unspeakable," Department of Mysteries (GF7)
Crouch, Bartemius - (senior), (deceased) Head of Department of International Magical Cooperation
Dawlish, John - Auror (OP27)
Diggory, Amos - Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures (GF9)
Edgecombe, Madam - Floo Network Office (OP27)
Fudge, Cornelius - Minister for Magic 1996 - 1996 [Y10 - Y16]
Fudge, Rufus - Nephew of Cornelius Fudge, had recently joined the Improper Use of Magic Office as of February 1999 (DP)
Alastor Gumboil - Magical Law Enforcement Squad, placed a "help wanted" advertisement in the Daily Prophet in February 1999 (DP)
Hopkirk, Mafalda - Improper Use of Magic Office
Jorkins, Bertha - (deceased) Department of Magical Games and Sports (GF5)
Stamford Jorkins - Ministry spokesperson interviewed by the Daily Prophet 1 October 1999 (DP)
Longbottom, Alice - Auror (OP23)
Longbottom, Frank - Auror (GF30, OP23)
Macnair, Walden - Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures (PA16)
Mockridge, Cuthbert - Goblin Liaison Office (GF7)
Moody, Alastor - "Mad-Eye" (retired) Auror (GF11)
Eric Munch - Watchwizard (OP7)
Arnold Peasegood - Obliviator (GF7)
Perkins - Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office
Proudfoot - Auror (HBP8)
Mnemone Radford - First Ministry of Magic Obliviator.
Gawain Robards - Head of the Aurors after July of 1996 [Y16] (HBP16)
Savage - Auror (HBP8)
Scamander, Newt - Beast Division, Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, retired (FB)
Scrimgeour, Rufus - Head of Auror Office, named Minister for Magic July 1996 [Y16] (HBP1)
Shacklebolt, Kingsley - Auror (OP3)
Tonks, Nymphadora - Auror (OP3)
Umbridge, Dolores Jane - Senior Undersecretary to the Minister for Magic under Fudge
Weasley, Arthur - head, Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office until June / July 1996 [Y16]
Weasley, Percy - Department of International Magical Cooperation, promoted to Junior Assistant to the Minister for Magic 1995 [Y15]
Wimple, Gilbert - Committee on Experimental Charms (GF7)
Basil - Department of Magical Transportation
Bob - Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures (?)
Arkie Alderton - Famous broomstick designer
Musidora Barkwith - Witch composer noted for her work, Wizarding Suite
Baruffio - Namesake of "Baruffio's Brain Elixr"
Humphrey Belcher - Wizard who "thought the time was ripe for a cheese cauldron."