Thomas Andrew "Tom" Felton (born 22 September 1987) is an English actor and musician. He is best known for playing the role of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter film series, the movie adaptations of the best-selling Harry Potter fantasy novels by author J. K. Rowling, for which he auditioned at age twelve.
Felton started filming in commercials when he was eight years old and in films at the age of ten, appearing in The Borrowers and Anna and the King. After being cast as Draco Malfoy he has subsequently appeared in all seven Harry Potter films, from 2001 to 2011, and finished filming the last two. A fishing aficionado, he helped form the World Junior Carp Tournament, a "family-friendly" fishing tournament.
 Early life
Felton is the youngest of four brothers, and lives in Surrey with his family. He was in four choirs throughout his childhood, starting with his church choir at age seven. At age 11, he worked at a fishery. Felton was educated at West Horsley's Cranmore School, until the age of thirteen, and then at the Howard of Effingham School, a comprehensive school in Surrey. At age 8, Tom became an actor.
 Early career
Felton began acting in commercials by winning a role in a coveted advertising campaign; he won the role over 400 young actors. Another commercial role brought Felton to New York City's Times Square to shoot a production for Commercial Union. Later Felton did a series for Barclaycard. In 1995, he performed the voice of James in the television series Bugs and landed his first feature film role in 1997 when he played the part of Peagreen Clock in Peter Hewitt's film The Borrowers. Felton played witness Thomas Ingham opposite Clive Owen in Second Sight in 1999. Felton's role of Louis T. Leonowens in the film Anna and the King, starring Jodie Foster, was also filmed in 1999 in Malaysia. Felton made an appearance in the episode 'Hide and Seek' of Second Sight 2 followed in 2000. The Guildford Cathedral Choir also offered him a position.
By autumn in 2001, he had become known internationally for his portrayal of Draco Malfoy, the bully, enemy, and foil of Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. As of 2011, Felton has appeared in all of the Harry Potter films. Before landing the part of Malfoy, Felton had auditioned to play Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Of the four young actors who succeeded in getting the main roles, Felton had the most extensive film experience. Thereafter Felton's schedule began to fill with the work of filming the first four movies, premieres, and contributing to articles and interviews. He also received the Disney Channel's Kids Awards for Best DVD Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on 22 September 2003. Felton started his Official Tom Felton Fan Club in 2004 and took part in autograph signing events. His fan club was reported to have attracted so many fans that Felton had to put a temporary stop to people signing up to his fan club. The autographing session in Germany drew people from Chile and one fan in Cologne summarised: "Tom is a real nice, professional young man, always happy, smiling, laughing, full of power — a real gentleman." When the fan asked Felton what kids should do if someone like his character is bullying them, he said: "Tell someone. You don't want to keep it to yourself."
After filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Felton made a guest appearance on Home Farm Twins in 2005, where he played Adam Baker in the short-lived series. He attended Collectormania on 30 April 2005 and London's world premiere for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. On 11 November 2005, he and Rupert Grint presented Liz Carnell with the Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain Award for all of her work to raise awareness of the dangers of bullying. Felton worked on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix throughout 2006. Now having read more of the Harry Potter books, Felton reflects: "I have had input into Draco. If they give me a line and I don't think it is something he would say, I suggest changing it. They do listen to you and you do feel a part of it."
In July 2007, Felton visited Children's Hospital in Denver, Colorado in a pre-screening charitable event of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. He was also present at Leicester Square for the premiere of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on 3 July 2007.
Felton also appeared in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth film of the series. When asked whether he was looking forward to playing a good guy in the future he answered: "No. Well, I don't know. I suppose for now I'm happy with sticking to what he is. But after the Potter legacy is over I look forward to playing a good guy or someone different anyway, someone not so spiteful." Felton also played the character Simon in the 2008 horror/thriller movie The Disappeared (film).
Felton posted three music videos on YouTube under an account called "Feltbeats", in which he performs fragments of original songs. Nine songs have been re-recorded and are now available on iTunes: "Time Well Spent," "Time Isn't Healing", "One of These Days", "Under Stars," "Right Place, Right Time," "In My Arms," "All I Need," and "I'll Be There" join the instrumental "Silhouettes in Sunsets." He also recorded an album available on iTunes and Amazon.com named "In Good Hands". It includes the six songs "If You Could Be Anywhere", "We Belong", "When Angels Come", "Convinced", "Father of Mine", and "If Thats Alright With You". Tom has released acoustic mini-albums via the Apple iTunes Store and Amazon.com under the names "Feltbeats" and "Tom Felton." His most recent album, "In Good Hands," was released in the spring of 2009. Earlier albums (under the pseudonym of "Feltbeats") were released in 2008 under the titles "Time Well Spent" and "All I Need." A single, acoustic only number entitled "Silhouettes in Sunset" was originally released via YouTube for a friend before being remastered into a single for the download market.
In 2010, Felton released his original song "Hawaii" exclusively on www.sixstringproductions.com/store.aspx  - an independent record label run by Felton, David Proffitt and Philip Haydn-Slater promoting creative independence and ownership of artists’ material and musical talent.
In September 2008, he played for the England side in Soccer Aid 2008.
In June 2009, he made an appearance on the comedy panel show 8 out of 10 Cats.
In October 2009, Felton presented an award at the Young Film Critic of the Year ceremony at the BAFTA Academy in London.
In November 2010 the movie White Other, which Tom played the main character, Ray Marsden, was released. Tom's character Ray is a troubled youth in the "ends" of England and Imelda Staunton, who played Dolores Umbridge in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1, also makes an appearance as one of the other main roles in the movie. Information and White Other itself can be found at www.whiteother.com.
Felton had a cameo role in Get Him to the Greek, released on 4 June 2010. In February 2010, he was cast in the thriller film The Apparition. Felton will portray the human character Dodge in the upcoming 2011 science-fiction film Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
On 18 March 2011, Felton appeared in a comedy sketch on Red Nose Day 2011 alongside Rupert Grint, George Michael, Justin Bieber, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Gordon Brown MP, Professor Robert Winston and Keira Knightley.
 Personal life
In 2003, Felton and his brother Chris worked with Joe Babbitt, the St. Lawrence County Angler's Association, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Region 6, the Chamber of Commerce, and a diverse group of other organisations to form the World Junior Carp Tournament, which involves competitive fishing for ages eleven to eighteen in a family-friendly environment.
Felton's favourite hobby is fishing and he plans to pursue some qualification in fishery management at Sparsholt College in Winchester, where his brother had gone years before. Apart from fishing, Felton also enjoys other sports, such as cricket, basketball, football, roller skating, golf, horseback riding and tennis. He said during an interview, "I am generally more and more in my comfort zone in the wild. The only time I can really relax is up a tree or somewhere outside. I love being outside." His ideal place for a holiday is the United States. More specifically, in an interview, he said he liked to go to the St. Lawrence River in New York. His favourite villain in movies is Alan Rickman in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, who stars in the Harry Potter film series as Severus Snape. He said during an interview that his favourite characters in Harry Potter are Gilderoy Lockhart and Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father. Felton said that if he could play another character in the film, he would play Lucius Malfoy, or even Voldemort. When asked which house in Hogwarts he would like to stay in, Felton said it would probably be Slytherin.
|1997||The Borrowers||Peagreen Clock|
|1998||Bugs||James||TV, 1 episode|
|1999||Second Sight||Thomas Ingham||TV movie|
|Anna and the King||Louis Leonowens|
|2000||Second Sight 2: Hide and Seek||Thomas Ingham||TV movie|
|2001||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||Draco Malfoy|
|2002||Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets|
|2004||Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban|
|2005||Home Farm Twins||Adam Baker||TV|
|Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire||Draco Malfoy|
|2007||Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix|
|Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Draco Malfoy|
|2010||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1|
|White Other||Ray Marsden|
|Get Him to the Greek||Himself||Cameo|
|2011||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2||Draco Malfoy||post-production|
|Rise of the Planet of the Apes||Dodge||filming|
|From the Rough||Edward||filming|
|2001||Young Artist Award||Best Ensemble in a Feature Film||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||Template:Nom|
|Best Performance in a Feature Film: Supporting Young Actor||Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone||Template:Nom|
|2010||MTV Movie Award||Best Villain||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Template:Won|
|2011||MTV Movie Award||Best Villain||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1||Template:Won|
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Prepare for Potter magic! from The Mail on Sunday. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- ↑ "Video interview with Tom Felton". 2006 World Junior yum Championship. 12 August 2006. http://cdn2.libsyn.com/pottercast/felton1-2006.wmv?nvb=20081027204910&nva=20081028204910&t=04edcb1d21c0df767878d. Retrieved 13 July 2007.
- ↑ from Harry Potter Fan Zone. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton biography[dead link] from shopping.yahoo.com. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Azkaban Exclusives: Draco Malfoy from CBBC. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton biography from Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton biography from Flixster. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton biography from movies.msn.com. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton biography from Veritaserum. Retrieved on 3 August 2007.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 "Meet Tom Felton, actor" from Time For Kids. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 The Potter Kids: Day 3 from The Sun. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Update: Emma Watson and Tom Felton accept Disney Channel Kids Award for 'Chamber of Secrets' Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton fan club launch from CBBC Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton to start official fan club Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Felton fans in a fan club frenzy from CBBC. Retrieved on 15 August 2007.
- ↑ Reports on Tom Felton's recent fan-signing event Popular from HPANA Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Tom Felton biography from MuggleNet. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Tom Felton to appear at Collectormania in UK from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Meet your favourite cult TV stars for free at Britain's premiere comic fair from BBC News. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ GOF London World Premiere Report from MuggleNet. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- ↑ Grint & Felton present award for anti-bullying Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ The Pride of Britain Award: Special Award: LIZ CARNELL from the Daily Mirror. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ 'Potter' actors attend charitable event in Denver Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- ↑ Stars out for Potter première from BBC News. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ European Premiere of 'Harry Potter' from Fox News Channel. Retrieved on 5 August 2007.
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 30.4 30.5 Tom Felton Talks About Reading, Collecting, and Being Draco from Scholastic Corporation. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ The disappeared movie from The New York Times.
- ↑  from SixString Website.
- ↑ Tom Felton in NY for Carp Tournament Popular from HPANA. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ Lawrence lands World Junior Carp Tournament from CNY Business Journal, archived at "findarticles.com." Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 Tom Felton from Scholastic Corporation. Retrieved on 4 August 2007.
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 40.2 40.3 40.4 Official filmography[dead link] from tomfelton.com. Retrieved on 5 August 2007