Potions are magical concoctions which alter something about the drinker. Most potions vary in appearance to others, although some bare similarities. They all have different effects, some heal and some strengthen and others vary in effect.
 Potions found in the Harry Potter Novels
 Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Flesh-eating Slug Repellent - Hagrid uses this to fumigate his cabbages.
Floo Powder - Used for fireplace transport. The traveler must speak their destination clearly.
Mandrake Elixir - revives petrified people.
 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Wolfsbane Potion - Keeps the mind from changing into a werewolf, but the body still changes at the full moon.
 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Aging Potion - THe Weasley twins used this to try to fool the Goblet of Fire.
 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Mrs. Skower's All Purpose Magical Mess Remover - a cleaning potion.
Veritaserum - Truth Serum
 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Drink of Despair - Cause the drinker delirium, excruciating stomach pain and extreme thirst.
Amortentia - The most powerful love potion in the world, which causes infatuation or obsession, and smells different to each individual person.
Draught of Living Death - Turns the victim into a zombie.
Felix Felicio - Good Luck potion, produces happiness and confidence. Takes one month to brew depending on the moon's phase when started. Harry uses this to entice Prof. Slughorn to reveal his true memory of Tom Riddle.
Love Potions - Causes temporary infatuation.
 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
 Ingredients in Potions
- aconite - Also called Monkshood because of the shape of the flower, this extremely poisonous plant is also called wolfsbane. 
- Asphodel - used for Draught of Living Death; a classic flower representing death, a member of the Lily family.
- Belladonna - a poison
- Bezoar - an intestinal stone secretion from a goat's stomach; an antidote to poison.
- Bicorn horn - crescent-shaped; a Polyjuice and Forgetfulness Potion ingredient.
- Boonsland Skin, shredded - a Polyjuice and Forgetfulness Potion ingredient.
- Bubotuber pus, undiluted - cures pimples.
- Caterpillar - an ingredient in Shrinking Solution.
- Daisy Roots - an ingredient in Shrinking Solution.
- Devil's Snare - a plant that entraps the victim, but can be outwitted by being calm and relaxed.
- Demiguise Hair - causes invisibility, but fades over time to opaque.
- Dittany, Essence of - for wounds; a creeping, woolly herb of the mint family. Helps to treat splinching.
- Erumpent Horn - they are highly explosive.
- Flesh-eating Slug Repellent - Hagrid used this to fumigate his cabbages.
- Fluxweed - an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion.
- Gillyweed - Neville persuades Harry to use this to grow gills for the second task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament.
- Gurdyroot - Luna says this wards of Gulping Plimpies. The tea is a deep purple color.
- Hellebore syrup - a poisonous buttercup plant, formerly used as a heart stimulant.
- Henbane - a poison.
- Knotgrass - an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion.
- Lacewing Flies - A Polyjuice Potion ingredient. On the bottle it says Chilldonium Miniscula Conium Maculaturn Cynoglossum.
- Leech Juice, dash of - an ingredient in Shrinking Solution.
- Leeches - an ingredient in Polyjuice Potion.
- Mandrakes - A member of the poisonous Nightshade plant family; the roots resemble a human baby. Used to restore cursed or transfigured people. It's cry is fatal to hear.
- Mimbulus Mimbletonia - a cactus.
- Monkshood - a poisonous aconite root.
- Moonstone, Powdered - a pearly white stone.
- Murtlap Tentacles, Pickled or Essence of - stops bleeding.
- Rat Spleen - an ingredient in Shrinking Solution.
- Rue, Essence of - a poison antidote; strong-scented herb with bitter tasting leaves.
- Sage & Mellowsweet - makes readable smoke shapes.
- Scurvygrass - an Arctic plant of the Crucifer family; formerly used to treat scurvy.
- Shrivelfig - an ingredient in Shrinking Solution.
- Skele-gro - supposed to regrow bones.
- Sneezewort Root - an herb. Wort is used in making whiskey.
- Treacle - an antidote for poison.
- Unicorn Blood - keeps the drinker alive even if they are an inch from death, but for a price. They will live a half-life, a cursed life.
- Venomous Tentacula Seeds - dark red, spiky plant with long feelers.
- Weedosoros - Produced by Elphinstone Yorget. On the bottle: Nux Myristica Murex Inflaticus Hopsi.
- Wolfsbane - a poisonous Eurasian aconite plant with hooded yellow flowers.
- Wormwood - a strong smelling plant of the Composite family; used for making Absinthe. An ingredient in Draught of Living Death.
- Wrackspurt Siphons - Luna says it removes distractions.
 Potions left out of the Movies
 Sub-section 2
 Section 2
 Section 3
 Sub-section 1
 Sub-section 2
- ↑ PS 8
 External links
 See also
 Potions That Need To Be Moved
- Please create a LeakyPedia entry for each named potion.
- Please create a LeakyPedia entry for each type of potion (if it's a large category).
- Please remove all specific details about named potions and types of potions off this page and onto their own pages.