You might have 1-2 intro paragraphs here
This is a skeleton page. Please feel free to edit anything here, even the section titles and orders below. Throughout this LeakyPedia page you'll want to include citations (even HP book citations w/ edition and page number listed) and use the correct MediaWiki code so the citations show up in the Reference section near the bottom of this LeakyPedia page.
You might have a link to the plot section of the book page, plus several paragraphs about the film's plot.
You might have an intro paragraph about casting, followed by 2-3 sentence-long paragraphs about the casting of each of the main actors/characters, why they were chosen, if any other actor was considered instead, etc.
You might have several paragraphs about choosing how the producer chose the project, director, screenwriter, amount paid for the rights, etc.
Maybe an image or two. Might have a few paragraphs about choosing film locations, when filming was started and wrapped, sound stages used versus real locations, special accommodations made for certain actors schedules due to other commitments or actor age, etc.
Lacock Abbey in Lacock was founded in 1232 and in February 2001 it was filmed to form part of Hogwarts:
- In the Cloisters, Harry was chased by Mrs Norris whilst wearing the Invisibility Cloak.
- The Warming Room (which originally was the only room in the abbey with a fireplace and where the nuns would get warm) was used as Professor Quirrel's classroom seen when Professor McGonagall fetched Wood. The large cauldron Quirrel is seen standing next to was made in 1500 from bell metal, by Peter Wagheuens of Malines.
- The Sacristy (where the abbey's sacred vessels were kept) was used as Professor Snape's Potions Classroom. The original plaster and limewash from the 13th century is still on the walls and you can see patterns of stars that are possibly late medieval behind Snape when he stands in front of the class.
- The Chapter-house (where the nuns would have held daily meetings about abbey business) was used for the Mirror of Erised scene and earlier appeared heavily disguised in the form of McGonagall's classroom when Harry and Ron visit it (running late) for the first time.
- The Chapter House (originally built in the 12th century but then partly destroyed and rebuilt in the 18th) also played the part of McGonagall's classroom, when Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco Malfoy are given detention.
- In the Cloisters Harry has Quiddtich practice and also he walks with Hedwig in a snowy scene before we see the seasons change. The snow is fake.
Gloucester Cathedral, which started life as an abbey around 678.
- The Cloisters on the south side form the entrance to a certain girls' toilets when Harry and Ron see a troll entering, and on the east side there is the entrace to the Gryffindor Common Room.
Black Park. The Harry Potter crew stayed in the park for nearly three months, even though they only filmed for five days and the scenes on screen lasted less than two minutes, with the time to set up a production and clearing away.
- The Forbidden Forest may be found in a clearing by the lake and at the far end there was Hagrid's hut. Also along the main path there was the scene where Harry sees Quirrel drinking unicorn blood for Voldemort
Number 12, Picket Pocket Close in the area of Winkfield in Bracknell is the outside of Number 4, Privet Drive. Filming there took two weeks. However the filmmakers did not return for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, instead using a studio set. There is a cupboard under the stairs in the house.
- Australia House in Aldwych was both the entrance to Gringott's Bank and the room where Harry and Hagrid walked through counters with Goblins. The latter was filmed in the Exhibition Hall.
- King's Cross
Design, special effects and music
Might have a few paragraphs about the companies and individuals that designed and created sets, costums, makeup, special effects, musical score, etc
Differences from the book
Might have a few paragraphs and include some quotes from the author, screenwriters, and directors about why certain things were changed.
Maybe an image or two. Might have several paragraphs with release dates and info (including reference links) for teasers, teaser posters, soundtracks, video games, merchandising rights, etc.
Might have a few paragraphs here with quotes, info, and reference links.
Might have a few paragraphs here about when and where the movie premiered. Money made opening weekend, how that compares to other movies, money grossed in first year and since then, money grossed in various countries and worldwide, etc.
Might have a few paragraphs here about awards nominated, as well as awards actually earned. be sure to include links to references. Might have an intro paragraph as well as a table/chart.
This list will be autocreated from the references cited above if the proper MediaWiki code is used, right templates created, and right "references" extension installed by the LeakyPedia techies.
You might place general but official movie-related links here.