You might have 1-2 intro paragraphs here
This is a skeleton page. Please feel free to edit anything here, even the section titles and orders below. Throughout this LeakyPedia page you'll want to include citations (even HP book citations w/ edition and page number listed) and use the correct MediaWiki code so the citations show up in the Reference section near the bottom of this LeakyPedia page.
You might have a link to the plot section of the book page, plus several paragraphs about the film's plot.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
- Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
- John Cleese as Sir Nicholas de Mimsy Porpington
- Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid
- Richard Griffiths as Vernon Dursley
- Richard Harris as Albus Dumbledore
- Ian Hart as Quirinus Quirrell
- John Hurt as Ollivander
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
- Fiona Shaw as [[Petunia Dursley]
- Maggie Smith as Minerva McGonagall
- Sean Biggerstaff as Oliver Wood
- Warwick Davis as Filius Flitwick and the voice of Griphook
- Zoë Wanamaker as Rolanda Hooch
- Julie Walters as Molly Weasley
- David Bradley as Argus Filch
- Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
- Miriam Margolyes as Professor Sprout
- Terence Bayler as The Bloody Baron
- David Brett as Dedalus Diggle
- Richard Bremmer as Lord Voldemort (in flashback)
- Eleanor Columbus as Susan Bones
- Emily Dale as Katie Bell
- Derek Deadman as Tom
- Alfie Enoch as Dean Thomas
- Scot Fearn as Adrian Pucey
- Ray Fearon as Firenze
- Simon Fisher-Becker as The Fat Friar
- Josh Herdman as Gregory Goyle
- Matthew Lewis as Neville Longbottom
- Rik Mayall as Peeves (cut from the film)
- Harry Melling as Dudley Dursley
- Kandice Morris as Kellah
- Devon Murray as Seamus Finnigan
- James Phelps as Fred Weasley
- Oliver Phelps as George Weasley
- Leslie Phillips as the voice of the Sorting Hat
- Ekow Quartey as Bem
- Chris Rankin as Percy Weasley
- Adrian Rawlins as James Potter
- Hazel Showham as Septima Vector
- Geraldine Somerville as Lily Potter
- Elizabeth Spriggs as The Fat Lady
- Leilah Sutherland as Alicia Spinnet
- Danielle Tabor as Angelina Johnson
- Will Theakston as Terence Higgs
- Verne Troyer as Griphook
- Jamie Waylett as Vincent Crabbe
- Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley
- Jamie Yeates as Marcus Flint
- Nina Young as Helena Ravenclaw
- Luke Youngblood as Lee Jordan
J.K. Rowling sold the rights of the first four books to Warner Brothers in 1998 for a reported $1,982,900. Rowling then demanded that the principal cast be kept strictly British. There were many directors that were considered for the job including Steven Spielberg, Terry Gilliam, Jonathon Demme, and Alan Parker. On March 28, 2000 Chris Columbus was appointed director of the movie. Warner Bros. cited family favorites such as Mrs. Doubtfire and Home Alone as influences for their decision to appoint Chris Columbus.
You might have several paragraphs about choosing how the producer chose the project, director, screenwriter, amount paid for the rights, etc.
Maybe an image or two. Might have a few paragraphs about choosing film locations, when filming was started and wrapped, sound stages used versus real locations, special accommodations made for certain actors schedules due to other commitments or actor age, etc.
Filmed in 2001. Leavesden studios in Hertfordshire was completely taken over by the film used for pre-prodiction filming.
Filming locations include Lacock Abbey, Durham Cathedral and Gloucester Cathedral that make up Hogwarts.
Design, special effects and music
Might have a few paragraphs about the companies and individuals that designed and created sets, costums, makeup, special effects, musical score, etc
Differences from the book
Maybe an image or two. Might have several paragraphs with release dates and info (including reference links) for teasers, teaser posters, soundtracks, video games, merchandising rights, etc.
Might have a few paragraphs here with quotes, info, and reference links.
Might have a few paragraphs here about when and where the movie premiered. Money made opening weekend, how that compares to other movies, money grossed in first year and since then, money grossed in various countries and worldwide, etc.
Might have a few paragraphs here about awards nominated, as well as awards actually earned. be sure to include links to references. Might have an intro paragraph as well as a table/chart.
Images from the Movies and the Opening
This list will be autocreated from the references cited above if the proper MediaWiki code is used, right templates created, and right "references" extension installed by the LeakyPedia techies.
You might place general but official movie-related links here.