Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a two-part epic fantasy-adventure film directed by David Yates, written by Steve Kloves and based on the novel by J. K. Rowling, who serves as a producer alongside David Heyman and David Barron. The director of photgraphy is Eduardo Serra. Alexandre Desplat composed the film's score, which is orchestrated by Conrad Pope. Stuart Craig and Nick Dudman return as set designer and creature effects/make-up artist respectfully. Jany Temime designed the costumes worn by the cast, who were selected by casting director Fiona Weir.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 was released in the US and worldwide theaters in the 2D format on Friday, November 19, 2010. Deathly Hallows Part 2 will be released in both the 2D and 3D formats on July 15, 2011. Part 1 was originally planned to be released in both the 2D and 3D formats; however, the 3D format was scrapped because the movie would not have been completed by the planned premiere date.
This is a skeleton page. Please feel free to edit anything here, even the section titles and orders below. Throughout this LeakyPedia page you'll want to include citations (even HP book citations w/ edition and page number listed) and use the correct MediaWiki code so the citations show up in the Reference section near the bottom of this LeakyPedia page.
Part 1 begins as Harry, Ron, and Hermione set out on their perilous mission to track down and destroy the secret to Voldemort's immortality and destruction- the Horcruxes. On their own, without the guidance of their professors or the protection of Professor Dumbledore, the three friends must rely on each other more than ever, but there are Dark Forces in their midst that threaten to tear them apart.
Meanwhile, the Wizarding World has become a dangerous place for anyone that opposes the Dark Lord. The long-feared war has begun and Voldemort's Death Eaters have infiltrated the Ministry of Magic and even Hogwarts, terrorizing and arresting anyone who might oppose them. The Chosen One has become the hunted one as the Death Eaters search for Harry with orders to bring him to Voldemort...alive. Harry's only hope is to find the horcruxes before Voldemort finds him. But as he searches for clues, he uncovers an old and almost forgotten tale- the legend of the Deathly Hallows. If the legend turns out to be true, it could give Voldemort the ultimate power he seeks.
For more details to the plot refer to the book page: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Emma Watson as Hermione Granger.
- Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter.
- Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange.
- Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort.
- Clémence Poésy as Fleur Delacour.
- Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy.
- Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley
- Rhys Ifans as Xenophilius Lovegood.
- Alan Rickman as Severus Snape.
- Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley.
- Bill Nighy as Rufus Scrimgeour.
- Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore.
- Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy.
- John Hurt as Mr. Ollivander.
- Miranda Richardson as Rita Skeeter.
- Ciarán Hinds as Aberforth Dumbledore.
- Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood.
- Jamie Campbell Bower as Gellert Grindelwald.
- Brendan Gleeson as Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody.
- David Thewlis as Remus Lupin.
- Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid.
- Warwick Davis as Griphook.
- Helen McCrory as Narcissa Malfoy.
- Timothy Spall as Peter Pettigrew.
- David O'Hara as Albert Runcorn.
- Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge.
- Julie Walters as Molly Weasley.
- Toby Jones as Dobby the House Elf (voice).
- Rade Serbedzija as Gregorovitch.
- Toby Regbo as Young Dumbledore.
- Domhnall Gleeson as Bill Weasley. Domhnall's first appearance in the Harry Potter films is actually the son of Brendan Gleeson who plays Mad-Eye Moody.
- Nick Moran as Scabior.
- Dave Legeno as Fenrir Greyback.
- Natalia Tena as Nymphadora Tonks.
- Richard Griffiths as Vernon Dursley.
- Matthew Lewis as Neville Longbottom.
- James Phelps as Fred Weasley.
- Fiona Shaw as Petunia Dursley.
- Stanislav Ianevski as Viktor Krum.
- George Harris as Kingsley Shacklebolt.
- Simon McBurney as Kreacher (voice).
- Frances de la Tour as Madame Olympe Maxime.
- Michelle Fairley as Mrs. Granger.
- Mark Williams as Arthur Weasley.
- Alfie Enoch as Dean Thomas.
- Andy Linden as Mundungus Fletcher.
- Angelica Mandy as Gabrielle Delacour.
- Arben Bajraktaraj as Antonin Dolohov.
- Matyelok Gibbs as Aunt Muriel.
- Carolyn Pickles as Professor Charity Burbage.
- David Ryall as Elphias Doge.
- Steffan Rhodri as Reg Cattermole.
- Kate Fleetwood as Mary Cattermole.
- Sian Thomas as Amelia Bones.
- Hazel Douglas as Bathilda Bagshot.
- Rod Hunt as Thorfinn Rowle.
You might have several paragraphs about choosing how the producer chose the project, director, screenwriter, amount paid for the rights, decision to split the movie into two parts, etc.
Maybe an image or two. Might have a few paragraphs about choosing film locations, when filming was started and wrapped, sound stages used versus real locations, special accommodations made for certain actors schedules due to other commitments or actor age, etc.
Design, special effects and music
On October 25, 2010 The Leaky Cauldron reported that Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows would be 147 minutes in duration, six minute shorter than the movie Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
Differences from the book
There will be a scene near the beginning of the film where Hermione is shown performing memory charms on her parents and then leaving her home. In a few TV spots, it has been shown that Dobby appears at Grimmauld Place with Kreacher.
Maybe an image or two. Might have several paragraphs with release dates and info (including reference links) for teasers, teaser posters, soundtracks, video games, merchandising rights, etc.
Might have a few paragraphs here with quotes, info, and reference links.
Might have a few paragraphs here about when and where the movie premiered. Money made opening weekend, how that compares to other movies, money grossed in first year and since then, money grossed in various countries and worldwide, etc.
Might have a few paragraphs here about awards nominated, as well as awards actually earned. be sure to include links to references. Might have an intro paragraph as well as a table/chart.
This list will be autocreated from the references cited above if the proper MediaWiki code is used, right templates created, and right "references" extension installed by the LeakyPedia techies.
You might place general but official movie-related links here.