Geraldine Margaret Agnew-Somerville (born 19 May 1967) is an Irish actress best known for her roles as Detective Sergeant Jane "Panhandle" Penhaligon in Cracker, and Lily Potter in the Harry Potter film series.
 Early life
Geraldine Agnew-Somerville was born in County Meath, Ireland, the daughter of Sir Quentin Charles Agnew-Somerville, 2nd Baronet, and Margaret April Irene, Lady Agnew-Somerville (née Drummond), an antiques dealer, but was brought up on the Isle of Man.
Her mother is a daughter of John Drummond, 15th Baron Strange, and sister of the late Cherry Drummond, 16th Baroness Strange. She has an elder sister, Amelia Rachel (who owns and works in a restaurant with her husband in the Australian rainforest), and a younger brother, James Lockett Charles Agnew-Somerville, who worked in Hong Kong and writes poetry.
Somerville attended dance classes from the age of six, and at eight was sent to the Arts Educational School, a boarding school in Tring, Hertfordshire. There she was taught ballet. She left at 16, but continued her studies in London.
Somerville trained at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama (1989) in London. She did stage work and appeared on TV in episodes of Agatha Christie's Poirot and Casualty (1993) before landing the role of Penhaligon (or 'Panhandle') in Cracker, which she held from the show's inception in 1993 until its demise in 1995 and became one of the most memorable characters of the series.
 Personal life
Somerville married William Osbourne-Young in December 1995 with whom she has three children; her oldest son Casper was born in May 2002, her second son Arthur was born in 2004 and her youngest daughter Rose in 2007.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011) as Lily Potter
- Survivors (2010) as Fiona Douglas
- The Children (2008) as Sue
- Daphne (2007) as Daphne du Maurier
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) as Lily Potter
- Sixty Six (2006) as Mrs. Barrie
- Jericho (UK TV series) (2005) as Fiona Hewitt
- Murder in Mind (2002) as Angela Coates in the episode "Disposal"
- The Safe House (2002) as Sam Graham
- Re-Inventing Eddie (2002) as Jeanie Harris
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) as Lily Potter
- Gosford Park (2001) as Louisa Stockbridge
- Aristocrats (1999) as Lady Emily Lennox
- Daylight Robbery (1999) as Val
- Heaven on Earth (1998) as Deborah Bennett
- Jilting Joe (1997) as Olivia
- True Blue (1996) as Ruth
- Haunted (1995) as Kate
- Cracker (1993–1995) as DS Jane Penhaligon
- The Black Velvet Gown (1985) as Biddy Millican
- ↑ Internet Movie Database Geraldine Somerville, retrieved April 9, 2011
- ↑ "Hon. Margaret April Irene Drummond1" The Peerage.com
- ↑