George William Harris (born 20 October 1949) is a British actor of film, stage, television, radio and musical theatre. His notable roles include Kingsley Shacklebolt in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Captain Simon Katanga in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Clive King in popular medical drama Casualty, where he was one of the original cast members. He also played real-life Somali warlord Osman Ali Atto in the 2001 film Black Hawk Down.
 Life and career
Harris was born on the Caribbean island of Grenada and partially educated in his father's homeland of Barbados. He left the Caribbean at the age of 15 to make United Kingdom his home and has lived in Sweden and Israel. He performed all over Europe and the United States with his band before becoming a dramatic actor.
Harris is not only a film actor, but has also starred in many theatre productions at the National Theatre and Royal Court Theatre, as well as at many West End and regional theatres like the Royal Exchange in Manchester, Theatre Royal Bath. He was also directed by Harold Pinter at the Lincoln Center in New York City. His long and distinguished acting career that has seen him in musicals such as Hair (performing in Hebrew in the Israeli production), Jesus Christ Superstar (with the original London cast), and the Lloyd Webber–Rice Cricket. He has many credits as the leading actor in many BBC, independent television, and American television productions.
He has been acknowledged by the BBC Black Legends to be one of the inspirations for many present day performers.
Lives in Letchworth, Hertfordshire, England
- The Sweeney, "Pay Off" as Zak Franklyn, (1976)
- Flash Gordon, as Prince Thun of Ardentia (1980)
- The Dogs of War as Colonel Bobi (1981)
- Raiders of the Lost Ark as Katanga (1981)
- Prime Suspect 2 as Vernon Allen (1992)
- The Bill, "Walking The Line" as Mr Price (1999)
- Black Hawk Down as Osman Atto (2001)
- Casualty as Clive King (1986) and Neville Newton (2004)
- Layer Cake as Morty (2004)
- The Interpreter as Kuman-Kuman (2005)
- 55 Degrees North as Errol Cole (2004 and 2005)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix as Kingsley Shacklebolt (2007)
- Agora as Heladius (2009)
- Beneath the Blue as Daniel (2010)
- The Heavy as Doctor (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 as Kingsley Shacklebolt (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 as Kingsley Shacklebolt (2011)