LeakyNews.com

New Back Cover Art for First Four Books Released

Cover Art
Posted by: Mel
August 03, 2013, 08:43 PM

Scholastic has unveiled the back cover artwork for the upcoming 15th anniversary editions of the Harry Potter books. Kazu Kibuishi designed each book so that the back would feature an important scene from the book. Sorcerer's Stone shows Harry looking into the Mirror of Erised, Chamber of Secrets shows Harry entering the chamber, Prisoner of Azkaban shows Professor Lupin's boggart class, and Goblet of Fire shows Harry stepping out to face the Hungarian Horntail.

The back cover artwork for the final three books will be released next week and the new editions will be released August 27th.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Looking forward to seeing the new editions at Barnes and Noble. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 04, 2013, 03:13 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I love how the back covers show Harry growing up gradually :D Very cool

Posted by Mad But Happy on August 04, 2013, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Very clever to use a simple silhouette of Harry from the rear repeatedly in different situations! It unifies the series beautifully.

The only bit I don’t like is the depiction of James and Lily – they look too much like anime-style faces for such a British series.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 04, 2013, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

And as it’s supposed to be illustrating the book, there should be other relatives visible as well as the parents.

I find this artwork on the whole a little bit dull and lifeless.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 04, 2013, 10:10 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I agree about the James & Lilly depictions… A bit too cartoonish for my liking.

Posted by Won_Two on August 04, 2013, 02:19 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I didn’t mind the James and Lilly depiction so much despite the flaw. I felt that the goblet of fire wrongly showed HP walking straight into the dragon without initial cover to hide first. I would have preferred the scene with HP holding the Egg while the dragon tt attack him.

Posted by molly43 on August 07, 2013, 12:02 PM report to moderator

They’re very nice illustrations, however, I’m very attached to my original covers! It will be quite an adjustment (:

Posted by LoonyMaddie3 on August 19, 2013, 02:48 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?