LeakyNews.com

Warner Bros. Studio Tour Posts "How to Use a Wand" Video

Misc
Posted by: Mel
February 18, 2013, 08:43 PM

In honor of "Wand Week" the Warner Bros. Studio Tour posted a video with wand choreographer Paul Harris, which shows you how to use some of the wand movements shown in the Harry Potter films. You can watch here or below.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Hogshead_thumb

He’s standing in the Great Hall. Oh, how I want to go back there again. All right, I admit it, I did get out my holly wand and attempted that second move. Ouch. Better warm up before trying that again. ;-)

Posted by PollyC on February 18, 2013, 09:55 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Gotta go dig out my wand…

Posted by Won_Two on February 19, 2013, 11:59 PM report to moderator

don’t know wether I should laugh or cry about this, that whipl;ike movement looks impressive but I doubt the effectness of it, change to miss target is very large. I think movement taken from classic fencing are more effective, then you bring the point of the wand directly in one straight line with the arm to the center of the body.

and neither do I know I should laugh or cry for trying to analyse ths serious.

Posted by kamion999 on February 20, 2013, 10:05 AM report to moderator

another fatality to breed is the solid way of standing, every eastern martial art teacr would scold you senseless for being so nailed to the ground that every evasive movement would take ages and tons of energy, the other side has wands that fire too, mister instructor. no wonder there are so few wizards and witches.

Posted by kamion999 on February 20, 2013, 10:17 AM report to moderator
Spirited-away-spirited-away-34588462-100-100_thumb

I think someone should wave a wand over this place and get some fixes and updates going on!!

Posted by Jett Black Deatherage =:) ♥ on February 20, 2013, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I’m going to be looking for those moves next time I watch the movies :D Very neat

Posted by Mad But Happy on February 22, 2013, 07:59 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?