LeakyNews.com

First Look at Harry Potter Wizards Collection DVD Boxed Set on Amazon

Home Video / DVD
Posted by: Edward
March 03, 2012, 01:25 PM

Retailer Amazon.com has posted images and information for what looks to be the ultimate showcase collection of Harry Potter films fans have been waiting for.  The Harry Potter Wizards Collection contains a total of 31 discs, 18 of which present a mixture of regular and extended cuts of all seven films, 13 special feature discs compiling hours of extras from the series.  This new boxed set, according to Amazon, contains over "5 hours of never before seen special features, in a limited and numbered edition."  An animated video of the box and its contents accompanies the product page, and can be viewed right here.

While full details are scarce, a full list of films and features is as follows:

A release date for this product is listed as "2012," but an official release date has not yet been given.

The full retail price of this package is a whopping $500 USD, Amazon currently has it on sale for $349.99.

More details as we get them!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Hufflepuff_lj_100_thumb
1985 Points

I’ve been waiting soooo long for this set, but the price is crazy!!!

Posted by jhangelgurl (ITC!) on March 03, 2012, 01:49 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want this even though I have got all the movies…
I hope there’s commentaries!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on March 03, 2012, 02:23 PM report to moderator

Love it but it is waaaaayyyyyyy out of my price range!!!!!

Posted by hewy on March 03, 2012, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-galleon_thumb

Just per-ordered mine.

Posted by LegendMN007 on March 03, 2012, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’d love it, but I already have all the movies, and the price is WAY TOO MUCH!! I could buy a nice flat screen TV and Blu-ray player for my room for that kind of money.

Posted by LunaLuver on March 03, 2012, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I would totally buy it if they had a British version instead! I don’t really want Sorcerer’s Stone, I’d rather Philosopher’s….

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on March 03, 2012, 06:23 PM report to moderator
The-two-hardest-things-to-say-in-life-are-hello-for-the-first-time-and-goodbye-for-the-last_thumb

ummmm u kidding???? i luv hp but that price is ridiculous!

Hpphotoshop_thumb

Have to agree with the above! Way too much money!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 03, 2012, 07:58 PM report to moderator

The money . . . it’s worth it. . . .

Posted by . on March 03, 2012, 07:59 PM report to moderator
2293960_thumb

I’m going to wait until I see something official from WB about the contents and price before I preorder. I have to hope that the price comes down and that they say what the extra 5 hours are soon.

Posted by kellydofc on March 03, 2012, 09:28 PM report to moderator

I so what it! it is so out of my price range though :(

Posted by Melly96 on March 04, 2012, 01:00 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

It’s soo cool but cost waaaaay too much. :(

Posted by Grindylow_101 on March 04, 2012, 05:08 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Waaaay too much money, guys!

Posted by Mad But Happy on March 04, 2012, 08:58 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ln8nktbuk51qafrh6_thumb

It would be worth it if they were releasing extended cuts of all of the films instead of just the first two – I’m probably going to wait for a set that includes all the extended cuts.

Posted by samueljc on March 04, 2012, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Dlghood_thumb

Just awful. I’d call it gouging. Even if all the disks had extended cuts, this is rather outrageous, and an insult to the fans.
It was reported in the UK that the recently released DVDs of TDH 1&2 would be pulled from the market in early 2012 (article here):

I’d guessed that they’d be releasing a “definitive” box set. Nice packaging (and very imaginative at that) but hardly worth the cost, and that kind of marketing smacks of avarice, which is so far removed from the message of the books and films. It is also counter-productive, in that it alienates future fans. I honestly don’t understand the music and film industries: they just don’t seem to get it.

I don’t mind adding to J.K. Rowling’s wealth: Talent should be rewarded and she has both created a very positive model in her stories and has been gracious and generous with her wealth.

Now, if half of the purchase price went to J.K. Rowling’s charities, I would consider buying it, but this is just going to the WB coffers.

Posted by Grantus on March 04, 2012, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?