LeakyNews.com

First Chapters of "Prisoner of Azkaban" Now on Pottermore

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
December 20, 2012, 08:46 PM

The first seven chapters of "Prisoner of Azkaban" have been added to Pottermore:

The first chapters of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban have now been unlocked on Pottermore.com.

Board the Knight Bus, enlist the help of Sir Cadogan, attend a Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson, and much more.

There are also five new exclusive content entries from J.K. Rowling to discover, including additional information on Aunt Marge.

Remember that you need to progress through Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on Pottermore.com before you can explore Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. You will also need to collect all the items from your second-year shopping list, which can be found in Chapter Four, Moment One of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Severus_x_2_thumb

I am so, so, so fed up with Pottermore. Despite my previous messages about it, it is still full of stuff that you can’t do if you have arthritis in your hands, and no work-round seems to be offered. The ‘Riddikulus’ spell is impossible. And when you complain, it reckons that ‘arthritis’ is a misspelling and won’t let you submit it, though it happily seems to accept such spellings as ‘spidder’ from others. And how do they manage to make such boring scenes out of such an exciting book? They don’t even let you blow up Aunt Marge, for heaven’s sake.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 22, 2012, 08:23 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

‘V-J: ditto to that, I’ve not bothered to complain as I doubt they’d listen, but honestly, just one scene in which you can do virtually nothing for several of the chapters. I can do the spells but know it’s difficult for others and it would have been a lot more fun if you could click on Aunt Marge and watch her inflate, I think that there is less and less effort going into each successive book as they are trying to please people by adding chapters as quickly as possible, I wish they wouldn’t as it’s not pleasing me at all, and we can’t be the only two can we?

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on December 22, 2012, 12:47 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

Why is the Riddikulus spell impossible? I found it really easy to do.

Posted by Acciobrooms on December 22, 2012, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

So how did you do it, then? I found it impossible to move my hand quickly enough to get from the second to the third letter before they all fell down. (I assume you’re meant to click on each letter in turn.)

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 23, 2012, 02:33 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I re-read the instructions for casting spells and tried again, numerous times, but could never get beyond the 3rd letter. I have just ended up with a sore, swollen hand.

I have sent a message to Pottermore admin, without a lot of hope of anything happening. I can find nothing about disability or access on the Pottermore help menus, yet they surely can’t say that no one has contacted them about this issue – I have done so myself, and received an acknowledgement (eventually). I’m now wondering what the point is. I would like to be able to use Pottermore, but I want to enjoy myself, not be made to feel like a second class member.

Why can’t disabled people be provided with a code that would give them access to work-arounds for the areas of the site that require a lot of agility?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 23, 2012, 06:03 AM report to moderator
Hp_ravenclaw_thumb

VJ, I understand how you feel, but there may be a way to get the spell to work if you can use the keyboard instead. You have to tap each letter on the keyboard twice, in order. So you press the first letter, then when the golden ring is at its largest, press it again. Then move on to the next letter and repeat. It still works even if you’re not exact.

I don’t have arthritis, but I use a laptop with a touchpad and I don’t have a mouse, so certain things are much harder. Like trying to catch those galleons rolling around on the Knight Bus for instance!

I agree that this release was a little disappointing. Many chapters had just one Moment, and there was not much to do in most of them.

Posted by Verity Weasley on December 23, 2012, 09:51 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Thank you! I’ll perhaps give it a try later.

Where did you find out about that method? It’s not given in the info about casting spells on Pottermore itself.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 24, 2012, 02:36 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Still no luck. The process started (and there was quite a nice banshee) but couldn’t get the letters after the first two to activate. At what point are you meant to click them?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on December 24, 2012, 07:37 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I am weary of ‘Potter-less’…

Posted by Won_Two on December 24, 2012, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

You type the highlighted letters of the spell twice in order. Type the letter when the line reaches it (or to start the spell for the first letter) and this should start a circle growing, and you press the letter again when the circle is big. So in this case you would type RRDDKKLLSS. The letters RDS are grouped together as are KL so it may be possible to place fingers over each key before you start, or you could try typing RDS with one finger on the left hand, and KL with a finger on the right.

Posted by roonwit on December 28, 2012, 11:55 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I don’t even bother with any of it at all, I let my children get on there and play if they want. I don’t have arthritis, but have enough issues with pain in my wrists that I couldn’t imagine attempting most of these spells on one of my good days.

I agree with V-J, there should be a way around after so many attempts or for those who suffer from debilitating issues that keep them from being able to play those games.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on January 07, 2013, 11:17 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

@Roonwit, I might try another time. However after my original attempts at the game my wrist stayed swollen for days, and it has not got fully better since.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on January 07, 2013, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?