LeakyNews.com

Knight Bus Joins Exhibits at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London

Movies
Posted by: Stephanie_J
January 26, 2012, 09:22 AM

Warner Bros. announced today that the famous triple-decker Knight Bus will become a permanent fixture at The Making of Harry Potter - Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.

Fans will have the opportunity to explore the inside of the bus and pose for photos. It will be situated next to Hagrid's motorbike and the Weasley's Ford Anglia. Photos of the Knight Bus at Leavesden Studios can be seen at this link.

John Richardson, special effects supervisor for the Harry Potter films, explained to the Watford Observer how the Knight Bus was constructed:

“Although many people think the Knight Bus was a CGI creation, it is in fact a real-life working bus. To construct it, we cut up two iconic Routemaster buses, reworked the structure and bolted it all back together to create one bus with three decks. It took weeks to put it together and it was no easy task. Routemasters are 60 years old, so we had to do a lot of strengthening of the structure.

Another issue we had was filming on location in London. During the shooting of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban we found we could not drive it across the capital due to the number of low bridges. This meant that we had to transport the bus in two pieces between locations and put it back together between filming."

The Making of Harry Potter at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London will open on March 31, 2012. Tickets can be pre-booked on their website; tickets will not be available for purchase at the studios.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

Yay I’m the first to post! That’s such great news the knight bus is AMAZING (so is stan shunpike)! Too bad I can’t go anytime soon, still hoping for that miracle to change that. :D

Posted by Grindylow_101 on January 26, 2012, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Earnie would be proud!

Posted by Won_Two on January 26, 2012, 12:53 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

LOVE this. We’ll wait til the Games and all the hoopla in London are over, but we are visiting Leavesdon, no doubt it.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on January 26, 2012, 12:55 PM report to moderator

I LOVE the Knight bus! I am so happy it is on exibit. I must go see it!

Posted by hplove10 on January 26, 2012, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Ed-in-chief_thumb

Again, details in how the design and production team worked and crafted a lot of stuff everybody thought was CGI – the movies should have won more technical Oscars before.

Ugh! All the more reason to hate the Oscars.

Posted by chikitcorpuzvesterbaek on January 27, 2012, 12:57 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Wow, I had no idea thats how they built the Knight Bus. If only there wasnt a big old pond in my way, I’d be there on opening day! Ah well, I hope to visit London someday. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on January 27, 2012, 01:33 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on January 27, 2012, 03:59 AM report to moderator
Imagesca497oi3_thumb

nice! just got my tickets for the tour, going in june should be brilliant and back to the theme park in october!

Posted by PotterUk on January 27, 2012, 05:36 AM report to moderator

AHHH, I NEED TO GO!!!!

Posted by . on January 28, 2012, 03:32 PM report to moderator

AHHH, I NEED TO GO!!!!

Posted by . on January 28, 2012, 03:34 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

awesome! many more reasons to go there!!! That is like one of my dreams!

Posted by lovelle on January 29, 2012, 07:10 AM report to moderator

Can’t wait untill I gonna visit in july ! :D

Posted by Magical Arts on February 10, 2012, 07:02 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’m definately going and I’m so happy this is at the exhibition!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on February 11, 2012, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?