LeakyNews.com

Pre-Orders for Two DVDs from Harry Potter Ultimate Collector's Edition Now Available

HBP Film
July 13, 2009, 10:26 PM

Last week as we heard in New York from Potter producer David Heyman, there will be ultimate collector's editions of the Harry Potter films due out on Blu-ray and DVD. Tonight, Amazon.com has two discs in what is clearly labeled "ultimate collector's edition" available for pre-order: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, with the label reading "including 'Creating the World,' " and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, with that label on the cover reading "includes 'Creating the Characters.' " Please note: These do not have a release date yet available, it is possible these will be out around the same time as the Half-Blood Prince DVD, which as weve been reporting is due out December 7th. Stay tuned, more on these DVDs when can!

Thanks Kayla!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

So it won’t be a complete set? Interesting. I REALLY hope they have the long version of the movie on the DVDs with all of the deleted scenes in place.

Posted by eaglephot on July 13, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

I notice that people seem to be under the impression that these ultimate collector’s editions will have more footage — like the extended editions of the Lord of the Rings films. Is that just wishful hoping on our part, or has someone actually said that somewhere? I heard what Heyman (and Yates?) said last week, but wasn’t sure if he was referring to extended footage or just new “making-of features,” such as these “Creating the World/Characters” items.

Anyway, it is exciting.

Posted by Bandersnatch on July 13, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
Squee_thumb

If they’re smart, they’ll have the extended version. It’s very frustrating not to have those scenes on DVD!!

26 hours, 20 minutes to go…..!

Posted by Kismatt on July 13, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

By “more footage,” by the way, I meant more deleted scenes in the actual movies (either inserted into the main film, or at least presented seperately). Actually, the first two films already had lots of deleted scenes on the disks (the second in particular), but the following three movies had very few as I recall.

Posted by Bandersnatch on July 13, 2009, 10:41 PM report to moderator
Myleaky2_c_thumb

Ugh. “Separately.” Can’t splel.

Posted by Bandersnatch on July 13, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Hmm… I want more information on these dvds.

Posted by Christine on July 13, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I’ll wait until after DH is out…

Posted by Won_Two on July 13, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
00_-_harry_potter_and_the_half-blood_prince_thumb

Besides the scenes, I hope that they put more BTS!! That it’s something always lacking in the HP DVDs. Something like LOTR! Those were REAL behind the scenes! Pleaseee! :D

Posted by Isaalas on July 13, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Do not want.

Posted by Courtney Quirke on July 13, 2009, 10:54 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome!! I’m going to wait until we get more details before I pre-order. But I’m definitely going to buy them. I want all the HP I can get!!

Posted by cghambright on July 13, 2009, 11:05 PM report to moderator
Hufflepuffpottermore_thumb

I agree, i definitely want more information on these DVDs before i go and buy them. I do want them but it may be something i have to wait to get

Posted by Sorceress25 on July 13, 2009, 11:11 PM report to moderator

I think I am going to hold out for the HUGE 8 BLU-Ray set that will ultimately be released. Until then, one plain old DVD at a time. Unless WB decides to realease the 3 DVD combo pack with regular, Blu-Ray and digital copies like Disney is now doing.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on July 13, 2009, 11:17 PM report to moderator
Downsized_0124001234a_thumb

Very cool!
However knowing me I will probably never get around to actually buying them…

Posted by Olivia Elaine a.k.a Agent Pomplamoose on July 13, 2009, 11:19 PM report to moderator
Capture10_thumb

I think they said something about interviews with department heads and screen tests for some of the actors. I hope they give us all of the secrets from making the movies. show us how they do Quidditch and make creatures and tour the sets and how they build the sets and everything like that.

Posted by Gryffindor1991 {ROAR!!!} on July 13, 2009, 11:19 PM report to moderator
Iconator_6f49d3d21092e00bd5143836ef5b871a_thumb

I’m waiting till 2011 to get my blue rays box set, that way I’ll have all seven, on blue ray and with what ever goodies are going to accompany it.

Posted by lizzardbreath on July 13, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?