LeakyNews.com

Updates on Rupert Grint's "Cherrybomb"

Grint
January 28, 2009, 02:12 PM

A few updates today, regarding Cherrybomb, the new film starring actor Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley).

First, thanks to our Order partner RupertGrint.net we know the film will be screening at the Jameson Dublin Film Festival in Ireland on February 20. While no confirmation yet if Rupert is among the cast scheduled to attend  (filming is due to be underway at that time in London for Deathly Hallows), tickets are now available, additional information can be found via this link.

Second, in the first of what is sure to be a slew of press interviews for the upcoming debut of Cherrybomb at the Berlin Film Festival next month in Germany on the 8th, the staff at ICM let us know they have now posted an interview with Rupert, where he discusses a whole host of topics: his character in Cherrybomb ("Yeah, I do like Malachy...I saw quite a few similarities in him in-so he was fun to play.") on his look in the new film ( "It took a while to get used to the quiff, and my dyed eyebrows and eyelashes") and on some of the mature scenes in the film ("It's the most adult thing I've done and there are some risky things going on-the drug taking and there's a bit of romance-so yeah, it's different; it's good, it's cool.")

Rupert also speaks briefly about the differences creating a small film like Cherrybomb, and working on a large production like the Harry Potter films. Quotage “I really enjoy it because it’s a totally different world; everything is so much smaller,” he notes. “I think we get a bit spoiled on Harry Potter because we have fancy dressing rooms and all. But there is actually a lot more waiting around (on Harry Potter) so I prefer the pace of films like Cherrybomb. On this you do like seven scenes a day and they’re really quick days and it’s exciting-it's good fun!"

Thanks to RupertGrint.net and to Ivanna!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News
Follow @Leaky on Twitter

matea

Awesome! sounds great! can’t wait!

Posted by matea on January 28, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
iheartrw

first? but yay i love rupert! i cant wait to watch him in a more adult film :)

Posted by iheartrw on January 28, 2009, 02:27 PM report to moderator
EruditeWitch

That’s weird. It’s an interview without “Ummm. Yeah. Cool”. Maybe that’s because he’s talking about something that he’s not had to talk about a million times and doesn’t give a darn about.

If 2009 is going to teach us anything, it’s to stop underestimating Rupert Grint. Well, I don’t, but so many people do!

Posted by EruditeWitch on January 28, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Dove

Yeah thanks Ivana who works at ICM who got this awesome interview. :D

I can’t wait for this movie to come out. There are a few from ICM going and I’m way jealous!! Just 10 more days!!!

Posted by Dove on January 28, 2009, 02:56 PM report to moderator
Ki

I need to see the trailer. Best of luck to Cherrybomb at Berlin Festival! I hope they win something.

Posted by Ki on January 28, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Ki

Posted by Ki on January 28, 2009, 03:34 PM report to moderator
AJWC1

One of those strange repeated posts days, huh?

Anyway, I just want to thank Sue for posting Rupert news. Everytime I come here, I see her name with the Rupert news.

Thanks, Sue!!!

Posted by AJWC1 on January 28, 2009, 04:18 PM report to moderator
Christine

I totally agree EruditeWitch. So many people underestimate Rupert. It’s quite sad really, when we Rupert fans know that he has a lot of talent! I’m so glad that Cherrybomb is giving him a chance to show people another side to him other than Ron! (Of course Driving Lessons did that too.) Plus with Wild Target and a bigger role in HBP, Rupert will definitely get a lot of praise this year! Yay for Rupert!

Posted by Christine on January 28, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
KB Prez

A NICE interview from Rupert!!!

In most interviews with the trio, Rupert seems to vanish. It’s a shame because he’s such a good actor, but the media have no patience for someone like Rupert and therefore he gets little attention. Hopefully, this interview is the start of something new. GO RUPERT!!!!!

Posted by KB Prez on January 28, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator
Kiwi Mc I

Yay, could you update us Leaky if there comes word that Rupert will be attending the premiere in Dublin?

Posted by Kiwi Mc I on January 28, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Linny

lol he looks good with eyebrows! :P

Everyone knows I love Rupert, so I won’t go on about it too much here hehe..

but he is SOO much more talented than the others!!

Okay, okay.. shuts up

Posted by Linny on January 28, 2009, 05:30 PM report to moderator
Cat

If you love Rupert, show it by praising him AND not bashing his co-stars (not to mention close friends).

Posted by Cat on January 28, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
Anne-Luna

I always thought Rupert was underestimated because there’s a big clash between him and the talkative Dan, who’s more skilful with the medias. But as far as playing is concerned, Rupert has revealed a growing confidence for the last few years and I’m sure he will NEVER be a full time icecream man…!!

Posted by Anne-Luna on January 28, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Christine

Cat – No one here is bashing on his co-stars. I don’t know why this fight always starts…

Posted by Christine on January 28, 2009, 09:27 PM report to moderator
Araminta

The stereotypical “cool” comment was still snuck in there! lol… I don’t know, I think it’s quite reasonable (as well as funny) that he always says things are cool and whatever. Because, really, it probably is pretty darn cool being in Harry Potter and being in the film world. Standard teenage boy way of expressing their enjoyment, really.

Posted by Araminta on January 28, 2009, 10:37 PM report to moderator
Ready to see Leaky in Color?