Harry Potter Prequel Contest
In June of this year, J. K. Rowling auctioned a card for charity containing an 800-word prequel to the Harry Potter series. The contest crew now invites you to show us exactly what would happen if it were you, and not Jo who was writing a prequel to Harry Potter. In no more than 800-words, write a story based in the Harry Potter universe before the opening of PS/SS. As with Rowling's own prequel, a story about James, Sirius and the motorbike, entries should explore the back stories of more minor characters in the story, and for this reason we have chosen to discourage stories in which Harry, Voldemort or Albus Dumbledore could be seen as the central protagonists.
Rules for entrants
• Write a story based within the Harry Potter universe that would pre-date the start of Book 1 (i.e when Harry is left in the not-so-capable hands of the Dursleys by Dumbledore and Hagrid) in 800 words or less. • The main protagonist of your story cannot be one of the following: Harry, Tom Riddle/Voldemort, or Albus Dumbledore.
• The events of the story cannot be a continuation (or prelude) to the events of Jo's own prequel, and should instead be based on another incident prior to the start of the books.
• There is a strict PG-13 rating for the stories
• There is a limit of one entry per person. All work must be original.
• All decisions by the judges are final
• Anyone over the age of 13 can enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
• All submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, July 27th at 11:59 pm (EDT) with "HP Prequel" in the subject line of the e-mail. Please copy-paste the story into the body of the e-mail and include a name to be used for authorship (real name or Leaky Lounge name).
• Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
• If you have any questions not answered on the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner forum of The Leaky Lounge.
Update Winners to the contest :
First Place: Fabian and Arthur by Tristan J. Charbonneau
Second Place: Aberforth Dumbledore and His Goat by Tanya K
Third Place: The Findings and Losings of a First Year by BrwnEyedRaven
Honorable Mention: Transfiguration by Fidelia
Honorable Mention: The Decline and Fall of Peter Pettigrew by meriadoc.cp
Tristan J Charbonneau is the lucky winner of a custom wand made by the wonderful wand makers at Wizard Wood Wands!