Fred & George's Hogwarts History Contest
They've done it again those Masters of Mischief!
"It was a dull afternoon in the common room," as George tells it, "Fred and I were in dire need of entertainment."
"Then Hermione came in," adds Fred, "Prattling on and on to poor Neville about some useless facts she'd read about in Hogwarts, A History; and the idea just came to me."
"It was Brilliant!"
After strolling down to the library and removing one of the nicer copies of Hogwarts, A History from the shelves; Fred and George holed up in a corner out of Madam Pince's sight and began magically changing many of the entries. The result turned out to be quite entertaining indeed.
Your task this month is to share with all of us one of the historical passages you think they changed best. So scurry on up to the Hogwarts library and copy down a few choice paragraphs. Keep your entry to 750 words or less though, for if you try to copy down more Madam Pince may just catch you.
- Anyone 13 years of age and over may enter the contest, including staff members who are not involved in the judging process.
- One entry per person.
- All submissions must be the original work of the contestant. Any entries found to contain the work of another author will be disqualified.
- All entries must meet PG-13 standards of decency and good taste.
- All decisions by the judges are final.
- The first place winner will receive a handcrafted wand donated by Wizard Wood Wands (design changes each month) and 200 MyLeaky points.
- Please refer to our FAQ if you are not sure of something.
- If you have any questions not answered in the FAQ, or would like to discuss this Contest, please come to the Contest Corner Forum of The Leaky Lounge.
- Write down a passage from Hogwarts, A History as it would appear once Fred and George changed it.
- Stories must be no more than 750 words in length.
- All submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm (EDT) on April 30th, with "FG Hogwarts History" in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Please copy-paste your story into the body of the e-mail and include a name to be used for authorship (real name or Leaky Lounge name).
UPDATE: The winners have been picked! Please click the author's name to be directed to his/her winning entry.