Thus, we are organizing this contest to gather tutorials that will help you make what you'd so desperately want to buy at the WWoHP!
- Your craft must not be an exact replica of anything that can already be found on Leaky Crafts. Please browse the craft section to ensure you're not copying anyone else's work (and find new things to make along the way!). Patterns or tutorials inspired from someone else's work are fine, but please credit that person. Any entry that can already be found on Leaky Crafts cannot be entered for this contest.
- You must write a tutorial for the item you've made. Entries containing pictures only will be disqualified. A tutorial must typically include the following:
- Supplies list
- Meaning of abbreviations (if applicable)
- Pattern or stencil to use (if applicable)
- Gauge (if applicable)
- Final product picture(s)
- The tutorial can take the form of a video tutorial or a written tutorial. Written tutorials may have step-by-step pictures or not (extra points will be given if there are), but they must include a picture of the final product you made.
- Entries must follow the theme, which is anything that can be taken to or bought at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park. The theme can be interpreted loosely, and all craft medias are accepted.
- As of July 1st, you may submit your entries to email@example.com. Please include your tutorial (if written, either write it in the body of the e-mail or attach it in a Word document), your pictures and/or videos and your MyLeaky username. If your tutorial can be found elsewhere on the internet (LJ, your own website, a Yahoo group, etc.), please give us the link to that site.
- All entries must be received NO LATER than 11:59PM EST on July 31, 2010. Entries sent when Harry is no longer celebrating his birthday will be disqualified.
- Entries will be judged based on the wow-factor and creativity of the craft, as well as on the explanations given in the tutorial. The Crafty Witches will award the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners, with 50, 25, and 10 MyLeaky House Points respectively.
All tutorials submitted in this contest will be posted on Leaky Crafts, which means that by participating, you give us express permission to post them there.
The Craft-Along will remain open althrough July, so if you wish to discuss what you are making with others, be our guests and join us!
*whispers* If you join the CAL, you'll be getting MyLeaky points for doing that too!!
On that note, a Harry Crafting to you all!