Dsc02812__2__thumb

Thank you again, Jon for sharing. Awareness & education is our best hope to end such barbaric actions against others. You are so right…it is important to remember & bear witness & keep hope.

Posted by Lillylove on October 10, 2010, 01:17 PM

Wow…this was very powerfeul stuff. Thank you for bringing it to not only my attention, but everyone elses as well. You are a strong, beautiful individual….NEVER let anyone tell you different!

Posted by slayerbaby76 on October 12, 2010, 02:32 AM

This article left a very deep impression on me, and I think it’s so important that someone is calling attention to these problems. Thank you and don’t let anyone try to bring you down because you are an amazing person.

Posted by goldensnidget7(ROAR!) on October 13, 2010, 10:07 PM
550090_4323789780312_303379873_n_thumb

Thiis article really touched a nerve for me because I was bullied to a point where I thought that I couldn’t do anything right (or do anything at all), the most important thing for someone to know when their being bullied is that their not alone.
This is a very strong message thank you for writing about it.

Posted by Ariana Devins on October 13, 2010, 11:11 PM
Hewlett_packard_thumb

Yikes! I feel actually sorry for Draco now…
This stuff is really, really powerful. Make it more publicly aware of this; this is an important article and should not be limited to a fan site!

Posted by spelljinxcursehexcharm on October 13, 2010, 11:38 PM
Ministry_of_magic_thumb

Okay so I know my username will make you laugh when I comment on this post. BUT I understand, and I agree. I’m 15 I’ve grown up in a small baptist town in the bible belt. My mom is homophobic, and a “good jesus-fearing woman” In her eyes my dad her ex-husband is even in the wrong. He has several gay friends. And I have heard her talk bad aboout them. I’ve grown up different. I’d been the weird kid who said things that were out there. I’m an animal rights activist. So I get told off for that a lot. My comments get made fun of because they are different. I dress the way I want to. So I’m in the wrong. I’m a lesbian so I’m damned. According to the people around me. I’ve been bullied, verbally and physically. And I understand Draco. His parents were some of the biggest bullies to him, and I understand his actions. He loved them so he wanted to please them. I’ve been there with my mom. I am “the child” I have no name. I have no value. So Draco has always seemed a very human character to me. His choices may not have always been right, but he was trying in a way. He didn’t quite know what to do. So he mimicked what he saw. I’ve been bullied to the point that I didn’t want to talk. I would lock myself in my room. And I found this article very touching. And so true. And to every victim of homophobia, the ones who were murdered, the ones who commited suicide, and the ones who are still alive, I remember. And I will make it my goal to help the Draco’s of the world along the journey and prevent the needless bloodshed.

Posted by FemaleDraco13 on October 14, 2010, 01:30 AM
553520_488880994466250_43107597_n_thumb

Thank you so much for writing this! It’s something we should all think more about, and try to do something with.

Posted by Asria (DreamLight208) on October 15, 2010, 05:57 PM

that was sad/…..

Posted by Mew5645 on October 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
Kitten___dog_thumb

</3
It’s a hard topic to talk about (personally I mean) and so I thank you for bringing this to light and spending the time to write about it. As a society we need to change, people shouldn’t be killed for something that isn’t their fault. We need to try and get that message through the heads of bullies.

Posted by ladylace on October 23, 2010, 05:40 PM
Picture_057_thumb

@ladylace – i hope i haven’t made it sound like it’s just because it’s “not their fault,” though. that’s a point i was making to emphasize that you are who you are, and there’s nothing about you that is shameful. the larger point is that there’s nothing wrong with being queer or trans. in truth, there is no where to look to blame someone for that, because there is no need to place blame. it is being who you are, it is loving who you love, and all that IS LOVE. when you are teaching tolerance, yes, you need to tell bullies that even if they DISAGREE, everyone has a right to be who they want to be, and you don’t kill someone just because they don’t jive with your personal views, but as a society, as a world, yes, we need to change to the point of acceptance. what we have now is selective acceptance, which is an oxymoron, and therefore a failure.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on October 23, 2010, 06:29 PM
Avi2_thumb

Well done for having the courage to talk about this. I have been bullied before and I can say that it is the worst feeling in the world. I never thought I would feel sorry for Draco, but I do now.

Posted by mars.is.bright on October 24, 2010, 01:24 PM

Just today i told my sister’s freind i was being Dumbelldoor for Halloween and she couldn’t respect the fact he is gay.

Posted by Disembowl on October 29, 2010, 02:12 PM
Lights-_by_hakupuff_thumb

Bullying is such a huge problem. I wish that Congress would pass some anti-bullying legislation to make schools safer for ALL students.

Posted by Samantha on November 01, 2010, 01:10 PM

you are a great person theway you care so much about the problems that are continuing to rule our country and what you have said should realy be taken in by others you are such a caring person
i have never been bullied because im just so stand up for myself that who i am i didnt before but thats something i have come to do thank you for this blog

Posted by stikistuff656 on November 09, 2010, 04:57 PM
Green_sea_turtle_thumb

Jon, you speak so well, and express so many things I’d like to be able, yet all that comes from me is a confusion of incoherent words, or an angry scream of more incoherent words.
Trickle down homophobia, yes, it’s so, when the government and the courts uphold a law which keep us as second rate citisens, class us incapable of choosing whom we may marry, and don’t feel any need to protect the civil rights.

Posted by Butterfly Boy on November 28, 2010, 08:57 AM
Ready to see Leaky in Color?