Me_thumb

Jon,

I love the way you help us understand life from your point of view.

Thanks so much!

Posted by Doris on February 17, 2009, 10:41 PM
Z_thumb

Jon,

such a great post. You’re brave, for choosing to be who you are, regardless of what others may or may not think.

Here’s hoping both your feet are out of the cupboard soon.

Posted by Oxymoronic on February 18, 2009, 01:35 AM
Wellbehaved_thumb

wow this was really good. You could feel the emotion pouring from it. Hope everything works out. Have a great day Jon.

Posted by SlytherinPrincess007 on February 18, 2009, 01:44 AM
Avatar_hp_thumb

Wow, such emotion you’re so brave. Hope everything works out.
xx

Posted by ♥Behind Those Sparkling Eyes♥ ~{★wbm★}~© on February 18, 2009, 08:08 AM
Dsc02812__2__thumb

So beautifully and powerfully written, Jon. I so agree with what you say about truths and how they affect our lives. I find it ironic that even though we know how liberating the truth is, our human frailty I suppose or fear still keeps us from it at times. Thank you for your open heart & choosing to share your thoughts with your Potter friends :)

Posted by Lillylove on February 18, 2009, 01:38 PM
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Best wishes, Jon. I hope that telling the truth helps you to feel freer. it is not easy to come out, but I believe you are right when you say, “the Truth is enough.” I hope those who hear you listen respectfully. Fresca

Posted by Fresca ROAR on February 18, 2009, 02:40 PM
Becky_thumb

Very interesting connections between Harry, Voldemort, and the truth. And kudos to you for living your life the way Harry would want you to.

Posted by The Silver Doe on February 18, 2009, 04:28 PM
Blue_butterfly_thumb

Not easy to live truthfully, i don’t think….but easier than living a lie.
Wishing you all the best with giving the cupboard door a good kick behind you.
Maybe the next thing that you write could be about your meeting Jo experience?!

Posted by purplekim on February 18, 2009, 11:46 PM
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

It takes a lot of bravery, too. I hope that you can find peace, acceptance and love in every avenue of your life. Life is so short…too short to keep a foot in the closet. Being true to oneself is the greatest life lesson! Thanks for your words, Jon.

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on February 19, 2009, 09:57 PM
Picture_057_thumb

purplekim- actually, that IS a funny story (the words “backstreet boys” are involved). and I’ve wanted to share it but didn’t know if that was right since the only thing it has to do with being queer is that I am! but perhaps, if people want to hear it, I could blog about that. :)

Posted by abandonedboyjon on February 20, 2009, 07:00 PM
Iconator_870a894c3025a65d8ba47052171babda_thumb

Such bravery. My mom would not react well at all to that sort of thing.

Posted by Olivia [Phoenix] WBM! on February 20, 2009, 09:05 PM
Luna_thumb

well done, Jon! your journey can’t have been easy, but don’t give up! you’re obviously brave, intelligent, and loyal to yourself. think how far you’ve come! you can definitely pull that last foot out of the cupboard!

Posted by penelope_clearwater973 on February 22, 2009, 06:25 PM
100_0037_thumb

good for you! I know it’s not easy to come out to anyone, even your Mom, so kudos to you for having the courage to tell her! (although not gay myself, I have a friend who came out after months of agonizing indecision, and several intense conversations) and good for you to come out to customers! I don’t think I’d be able to say something like that about myself to customers! although honestly as a customer that’s the kind of thing I like to hear, it shows me you’re a real person with real issues and all, instead of some cookiecutter office dude. Go ahead and tell the truth to that one last person! we are all here and we’re all cheering for you! Yay!

Posted by thesnorkakishere on February 22, 2009, 07:13 PM
Icon_-_me2_thumb

I agree with this so very much. Coming out is a process that never really ends: you have to go through it over and over again with everyone you meet. It’s not something you do once and you’re done with it. Nice as that would be.

I still see the Harry Potter series as a mystery series: each book has its own mystery, and they all build on each other so that the last book holds all the answers. From taking his first steps out of the cupboard, Harry enters the world and faces mystery after mystery, each one of which he faces, and gets to the truth of the matter, over and over again.

It takes guts, but it’s also rewarding.

Posted by elfinblaze on February 28, 2009, 08:05 PM
Th_names_thumb

I admire your honesty and bravery here. And you’re absolutely right… truthfullness is the one thing I insist upon from everyone in my life. I can’t tolerate dishonesty.

Posted by Ginevra86 on March 02, 2009, 10:01 AM
Ready to see Leaky in Color?