New "Chamber of Secrets" Cover Revealed

Cover Art
Posted by: Mel
May 31, 2013, 12:45 AM

Scholastic unveiled the new "Chamber of Secrets" cover this morning. The cover shows Fred, George, Harry, and Ron flying in the Ford Anglia towards the Burrow. You can see it here.

The cover was illustrated by Kazu Kibuishi as part of 15th anniversary celebration of the US publication of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. A box set containing all the new covers will be released in August. You can read more here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Cover Art News

Hogshead_thumb

The Burrow looks huge in the picture, but fun! Reminds me of the Swiss Family Treehouse in Frontier Land, for some reason. My first set of HP books were the US version, my second set were the UK version; so I would like to have a set with all the new covers as well. Just cuz. But as has been said before (when the first book cover was released) it does seem odd that a whole new generation will be reading about Harry with these new versions, when we are all so used to “our” versions.

Posted by PollyC on May 31, 2013, 08:10 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

All my HP books have been poorly treated. Ripped pages, food particles… so I might just get this new set. lol

Posted by Mad But Happy on June 01, 2013, 12:16 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Interesting. I like the focus being on the scene of Fred, George, and Ron bringing Harry to safety. :)

Posted by Xyra44 on June 02, 2013, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Looks pretty good!

Posted by Won_Two on June 05, 2013, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I like it a lot! Although I still prefer the UK Harry Potter covers (the original) although I wouldn’t mind a revamped Philosopher’s Stone cover :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on June 08, 2013, 11:15 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

It’s really nice. I especially like the burrow. I plan to buy the book.

Posted by molly43 on July 04, 2013, 04:19 PM report to moderator

"You're dead, Potter."[br]Harry raised his eyebrows. "Funny," he said, "you'd think I'd have stopped walking around..."