J. K. Rowling Updates Website with Drawing of Snape from Auctioned Book

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
May 28, 2013, 12:46 AM

J. K. Rowling has updated her website with information on the Sotheby's auction, and how her annotated copy of "Philosopher's Stone" raised £150,000 for English PEN and Lumos. She also added an image from the annotated copy, which features a drawing of Snape. The drawing is captioned with, "Snape, brooding on the unfairness of life." You can see it here on her site.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hogshead_thumb

Very cool drawing by Jo of Severus, with the subtitle of: “Snape, brooding on the unfairness of life.” (V-J you should see this!)

Posted by PollyC on May 28, 2013, 03:20 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Yes, it’s great to see this. JKR draws very well.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on May 28, 2013, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

She definitely gets the ‘greasy curtain of hair’ down, doesn’t she? I wish there were a way on her site to zoom the picture and see it in closer detail.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on May 28, 2013, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I love her caption for him! LOL Gosh, I wish I could have that copy of the book… Alas, I am poor.

Posted by Mad But Happy on May 28, 2013, 02:57 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Nice drawing indeed…

Posted by Won_Two on May 29, 2013, 03:52 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

She’s a seriously good artist, I right clicked the picture and did ‘view image’ and it came up a bit bigger that way.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on May 30, 2013, 06:33 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

To clarify what I said before, I right clicked on the enlarged version of the picture and then it came up bigger.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on May 30, 2013, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

Yes, I viewed the enlarged version, too, and went a step further… saved it to my own iPhotos album. ;-)

Posted by PollyC on May 30, 2013, 07:12 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

The comment and the picture are funny. Helps to make my day.

Posted by molly43 on July 04, 2013, 02:29 PM report to moderator

Hagrid was wearing his best (and very horrible) hairy brown suit, plus a checked yellow-and-orange tie. This wasn't the worst of it, though; he had evidently tried to tame his hair, using large quantities of what appeared to be axle grease. It was now sli