Third Pottermore House Cup Winner to be Revealed on Thursday

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
April 22, 2013, 08:45 PM

The Pottermore Insider has announced via Twitter that tomorrow the House Points will be concealed on Pottermore, and the new House Cup winner will be announced on Thursday, April 25th.

Currently, Slytherin is in the lead with 26,471,263 points, with Ravenclaw following in second place, Gryffindor in third, and Hufflepuff in fourth.

Good luck to every House!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hogshead_thumb

B-but, aren’t the final chapters of Azkaban going to be revealed before the House Cup is awarded? Will all this happen in the next two days? As this post says, Ravenclaw is cawing at the heels of Slytherin right now. (Oh, wait… snakes don’t have heels.)

Posted by PollyC on April 22, 2013, 11:27 PM report to moderator

I was wondering the same thing. Pottermore usually awards the House Cup at the end of each book. Why change it?

Also, how the heck did Slytherin move all the way up to first and Hufflepuff drop from first all the way to last?

Posted by Ratorr on April 23, 2013, 01:07 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

What!!!??? What happened to my house? Come on Hufflepuffs!!! We’ve got to kick it into gear again!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 23, 2013, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

The Slytherins do a lot of potion making and a lot of duellig, they’re very ambitious and want to win the house cup again (we won the first one) I’m not a true Slytherin in that respect, in fact at heart I’m a Hufflepuff so I was hoping that they’d win this one, so come on Hufflepuffs!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 23, 2013, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

Hufflepuff, I am disappoint. Come on, atleast get second place!

Posted by Mad But Happy on April 23, 2013, 11:54 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

Let’s go Hufflepuffs!
Get it together!
Get those potions
Try some dueling.
Fourth place is just too grueling

Posted by molly43 on April 24, 2013, 06:10 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I’ve just brewed “Swelling Solution” (I’m too embarrassed to tell how many times I’ve tried) but I finally got 7 pts for Hufflepuff…But ….Will they count for this winning?

Posted by molly43 on April 24, 2013, 06:34 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I think it does bc it added on my 7 points to my total points. so get in there Hufflepuffs and get us out of 4th place.

Posted by molly43 on April 24, 2013, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

@Ratorr, I was baffled to watch Hufflepuff drop to the basement so fast. We were up by 500k for several weeks; then within a couple of days, Slytherin overtook us and we seemed to be frozen. @Molly43, brewing potions takes forever! @Moglet, the house you were sorted into on PM allowed you to bypass brewing Polyjuice Potion (lucky you!) but the rest of us waited 19 hours for that potion to finish — and there were two parts! RIDDIKULUS.

Posted by PollyC on April 25, 2013, 12:45 AM report to moderator

wel nice, I’m Sorted into Slytherin, while really feeling a Ravenclaw.
I can’t brew a potion without blowing up 1 cauldron every 5 tries, or cast a spell without breaking my wand and the person I relate most to is Mr. Filch ( I want his job when he retires)
Still Slytherin won there must be a lot of talent in that house to compensate my lack of it.

Posted by kamion999 on April 25, 2013, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I can’t even throw the stupid gnomes correctly…

Posted by Won_Two on April 27, 2013, 12:10 AM report to moderator

"We were all in the D.A. together," said Neville quietly. "It was all supposed to be about fighting You-Know-Who, wasn't it? And this is the first chance we've had to do something real -- or was that all just a game or something?"