"Prisoner of Azkaban" Chapters 8-15 are now available on Pottermore

News
Posted by: Catherine
April 10, 2013, 09:12 AM

Pottermore has released the next installment of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Chapters 8-15 are now available to play! Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Haven’t been there in months…

Posted by Won_Two on April 10, 2013, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

I’ve been watching every day for the new chapters, and dueling to pass the time… and now my pastime has gained me 12,000 points. I don’t mind how long it takes Pottermore to reveal new chapters, because I enjoy the game immensely, and want the experience to last forever. Where else can you collect dung bombs, pepper imps, frog spawn soap, and flobberworm slime?

Posted by PollyC on April 11, 2013, 01:29 AM report to moderator
Adorbspotter_thumb

I’ve finished the new chapters.. now to duel and make potions while I wait for more :)

Posted by whysosirius on April 11, 2013, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I’ve skimmed through, collecting things and getting more points that way. I’ll have to save reading through everything for when I have more time.

Posted by Eeyore on April 11, 2013, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

PollyC please tell me you’re a Hufflepuff! :)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 11, 2013, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

PollyC please tell me you’re a Hufflepuff! :)

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 11, 2013, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

I am thinking of leaving Pottermore, since there’s no provision for members with disabilities. Because of arthritis, I can’t move my hand fast enough to cast the ‘Riddikulus’ spell, and when I tried to do it the repeated effort actually made my hand more painful. There are a number of places like this on the site that depend on agile movement, and often you miss key experiences without them.

I have tried to contact Pottermore about this a number of times, but never had a proper reply. With all the time and computer expertise spent on the site, they could easily create some special codes to enable disabled users to share in the different experiences.

Can anybody think of a good reason to stay on, when the site makes me feel like a second-class member?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on April 12, 2013, 02:09 AM report to moderator
Sun2_thumb

Most games that I have ever played have had an ‘easy’ setting, maybe PM should, too.

Posted by DARKE: Antares Pyxis Black =:) ★ on April 12, 2013, 10:00 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

@Darke, that’s a good idea, an option of that sort might be very helpful, I wonder if there is any way of suggesting this to them.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 12, 2013, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I hope that when they get to the book/chapter with Harry teaching Dumbledore’s Army to make a patronus, they have some sort of quiz where you can find out what your animal is. :)

Posted by Mad But Happy on April 12, 2013, 09:58 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Well, I’ve tried to get in touch with them via the extremely obscure contact details and tried to fit my concerns into the tiny allowance of words available on the form. In the meantime, I’m still waiting for somebody to give me a reason to stay on.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on April 13, 2013, 02:36 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

PS Darke, an easy setting would be a very good idea, if it still let you access all the experiences that people with full mobility can have on the site.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on April 13, 2013, 02:38 AM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

V-J, Unless PM does change the format to allow for people with less mobility, I don’t know if there is any reason for you to stay on. I know how much you love reading the books, and how you’ve gone through the movies again recently, and how long you’ve been contributing to Leaky; so PM is just an added dimension, but certainly not necessarily a more fulfilling way to enjoy the Potterverse. I can’t even duel with my Mac! Impossible. I have to actually use my sister’s PC with a locked-in mouse (cable). I’ve tried to duel (even the Riddikulus spell) with the keyboard instead and I failed miserably. And Easy level would allow me to duel from my Mac.

Catherine, Yes, I am a Hufflepuff. I was sorted into the Badger house on PM, but before that happened, I went to the Wizarding World with my twin and met lots of HP actors and bought the Gryffindor scarf you see me wearing in this photo. Funnily enough, my twin sister was sorted into Gryffindor on PM!

Posted by PollyC on April 14, 2013, 12:17 AM report to moderator
Hogshead_thumb

Also, I think the more of us who write on the Pottermore site that we want a format for people with disabilities and an Easy setting, the more likely they will take notice. I will do this now. It’s not easy to find the place to make comments, but I did find it.

Posted by PollyC on April 14, 2013, 12:21 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Thank you. I tried out the suggestions of fellow Leakyers about how to do the spell – e.g. typing the letters instead of doing the mouse movement – but it still involved moving my wrist in a way that was awkward and painful for me.

I’ve had a look at the new chapters (though I hadn’t meant to) but couldn’t see a lot to do on there at all.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on April 14, 2013, 05:53 AM report to moderator

...the skrewts, it transpired, did [i]not[/i] hibernate, and did not appreciate being forced into pillow-lined boxes and nailed in. Hagrid was soon yelling, "Don' panic, now, don' panic!" while the skrewts rampaged around the pumpkin patch, now strewn wit