United States Postal Service to Release Harry Potter Stamp Collection

Misc
Posted by: Mel
November 13, 2013, 08:54 PM

The United States Postal Service will be releasing a Harry Potter stamp collection on November 19th. This limited edition collection will include 20 stamps and each stamp will be a 46 cent forever stamp.

A preview of five of the stamps can be seen here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Misc News

Hp_clocktower1_thumb

I love these!!!

Posted by Adella Black_1975 on November 13, 2013, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Dobbysnap_thumb

w00t! Sold! :)

Posted by Justin the Mighty on November 14, 2013, 12:16 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

The stamps look nice, but those two women in the TV clip were really obnoxious! I wonder if the stamps will be sold at face value, or for more because they’re being offered as a ‘limited-edition collection.’ Since I would prefer to use them for sending ‘special’ pieces of mail, rather than hoarding them, I’m hoping that they will not cost much more than normal stamps.

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on November 14, 2013, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Ok I will be buying a bazillion of each of these… Never gonna use any other stamp on my mail for the rest of my life! ;+)

@WeenyOwl, the P.O. never charges more than face value for postage stamps that are sold over the counter.

Posted by Won_Two on November 14, 2013, 11:27 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@Won, if that’s true, then I guess the Owlery at WWoHP doesn’t count as an actual post office, because it charges more for a sheet of Owl Post stamps. Typical Warner Brothers corporate greed, I guess. Speaking of which, did everybody hear about WB threatening to sue a university (I think it was in New Hampshire) for offering a Harry Potter literature course?

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on November 15, 2013, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’ll be making a stop at the post office next week then. :) I have several different sheets of collectible stamps framed an on the wall of our guest room. Frank Sinatra, Star Wars, I Love Lucy, Aladdin. These will be a nice addition.

Posted by LunaLuver on November 16, 2013, 03:04 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I pre-ordered 10 booklets from the P.O. online & they shipped em’ on Monday via Priority mail. My local Postmaster told me to order em’ online cuz the local offices were all getting a one time limited amount sent to them, & once they were gone that was it.

Posted by Won_Two on November 19, 2013, 01:18 AM report to moderator

"I don't know who Maxime thinks she's kidding," Harry said, watching Madame Maxime sitting alone at the judges' table, looking very somber. "If Hagrid's half-giant, she definitely is. Big bones... the only thing that's got bigger bones than her is a dinos