David Bradley (Filch) to star in Doctor Who film

News
Posted by: Catherine
January 30, 2013, 06:01 PM

David Bradley (Argus Filch) is set to play William Hartnell in a film about the beginning of the Doctor Who phenomenon. The film, An Adventure in Space and Time, is a BBC drama that is a part of a 50-years-of-Doctor-Who celebration. An Adventure in Space and Time, approximately 90 minutes, will air on BBC2. The filming for the drama begins next month. The Guardian reports:

Bradley said he was thrilled to land the part: "I first heard about this role from Mark while watching the diamond jubilee flotilla from the roof of the National Theatre.

"When he asked if I would interested, I almost bit his hand off! Mark has written such a wonderful script not only about the birth of a cultural phenomenon, but a moment in television's history.

William Hartnell was one of the finest character actors of our time and as a fan I want to make sure that I do him justice.  I'm so looking forward to getting started."

An Adventure in Space and Time, a reference to the original subtitle of the show, will tell the story of the genesis of Doctor Who, which first aired on 23 November 1963.

The rest of the article can be read here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Severus_x_2_thumb

Something to look forward to!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on January 31, 2013, 03:26 AM report to moderator

Love Dr Who. David Bradley will be great in this. Yes something to look forward to.!

Posted by Spook on January 31, 2013, 04:18 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’m certainly looking forward to this and I feel that David Bradley is going to be perfect casting for the part, he’s a wonderful actor and I can imagine him looking absolutely right as William Hartnell who I do actually remember as Doctor Who (I was very young at the time….)

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on January 31, 2013, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Lawgcav_thumb

Perfect for Hartnell. Well — as perfect as we’re likely to get. I approve!

Posted by Atticus on January 31, 2013, 10:16 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Very cool. Wonder how soon the movie will air, since they havent started fimling yet. I’m really looking forward to Doctor Who coming back on. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on February 01, 2013, 02:57 AM report to moderator
Th_ravenclawawesome_thumb

Ooooo, can’t wait!!

Posted by La La Toadstone =:) on February 01, 2013, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Spirited-away-spirited-away-34588462-100-100_thumb

Thank-you BBC!!

Posted by Jett Black Deatherage =:) ♥ on February 01, 2013, 09:30 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Yes, a good pick to portray Hartnell. I too remember him, all the way back to “An Unearthly Child”…

Posted by Won_Two on February 01, 2013, 11:13 AM report to moderator

My first Doctor was Jon Pertwee, but I’ve seen a couple of Hartnels. I wonder if Hartnel met with Patrick Troughton during the change-over. I’d like to see him played by his grandson, Harry Melling.

Posted by BillieMac on February 01, 2013, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Lawgcav_thumb

BillieMac — Hartnell was the one who suggested Troughton. It was Hartnell who, with his declining health, suggested the idea of the Doctor changing faces, saying that Troughton was the only actor in Britain suited to the job (or something like that). So I assume they were friends to some degree.

They also start together (vaguely) in The Three Doctors.

Posted by Atticus on February 09, 2013, 10:32 AM report to moderator

He imagined himself explaining that he couldn't do the task... He could almost hear Fleur Delacour saying [i]"I knew it... 'e is too young, 'e is only a little boy."[/i] He saw Malfoy flashing his [i]POTTER STINKS[/i] badge at the front of the crowd, saw