Harry Potter Limited Edition Film Book Set

News
Posted by: Catherine
September 10, 2012, 06:27 AM

Amazon UK has unveiled a new Harry Potter book set that details the movie-making journey. This special book set of the films will include "never-before-seen art and text" in five volumes. Also included among the new material is a replica of the set prop of the Monster Book of Monsters, and a cloth-bound Harry Potter: Page to Screen. Only 3000 sets will be sold worldwide, starting December 4, for £552 (about $800 USD). Amazon's description of the set reads:

Worthy of a vault at Gringotts, this amazing limited edition collection features never-before-published art and text chronicling the making of the Harry Potter films. The set is limited to just 3,000 copies worldwide.

Five volumes focus on the filmmaking, showing how the team designed locations, graphics, costumes, creatures, and special effects. Inside you’ll find a deluxe book of the paintings of Hogwarts along with a keepsake book chronicling the lasting relationships between cast and crew. The final volume is a cloth-bound edition of the New York Times Best-seller, Harry Potter: Page to Screen. Completing the library is a scale prop replica of The Monster Book of Monsters, along with a gilded, oversized portfolio with five frame-able prints of concept art. All of these precious objects are housed in a collectible box that looks like it came from Diagon Alley. Arriving at your doorstep with a numbered certificate of authenticity, this limited edition is the ultimate collectible for any wizard of Muggle.

Product Features:
• A deluxe cloth-covered case, styled to look like a box from a shop in Diagon Alley
• A replica of The Monster Book of Monsters film prop
• A gilded portfolio of five frame-able prints of original Harry Potter concept art.
• A cloth-bound edition of Harry Potter: Page to Screen
• 7 additional volumes detailing the Harry Potter creative team’s ten years of extensive efforts:
The Creature Shop Compendium: Flora and Fauna from the Harry Potter Films
* Environments Envisioned: Building Fantastic Sets and Scouting Dramatic Locations
* A Guide to the Graphic Arts Department: Posters, Prints, and Publications from the Harry Potter Films
* Movie Magic: Practical Props and Exciting Effects
* The Paintings of Hogwarts: Masterpieces from the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Sets
* Ten Years Later: Life on Set with the Harry Potter Cast and Crew
* Wizard Wear and Muggle Attire: Costuming the World of Harry Potter

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Phpyyqy43_c2am_thumb

Warner Brothers’ Patronus must be a cow — they are milking this for all it is worth!!!! Seriously, though, it sounds lovely, for those who can afford it — much like the giant Wizard’s Collection. I will just keep hoping for the final two boxes for the Ultimate Collection!

Posted by weasleywannabe1997 on September 10, 2012, 09:07 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Merlin, these sets just keep getting more and more expensive. Sounds nice and all but you wont be seeing me drop $800 on it.

Posted by LunaLuver on September 10, 2012, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Me want…Not for $800 though,so not gonna happen Warner Bros: you suck XP

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on September 10, 2012, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

WOW, sounds amazing. I wish I had the money for it!

Posted by Sigourney♥ on September 10, 2012, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I can’t have this or the Wizard’s collection. I do have Page to Screen, though. But my life will never be complete :( I actually have enough money for the Ultimate Collection, but I’m saving it for college.

Posted by silverkacy on September 10, 2012, 08:02 PM report to moderator

Like the Wizard’s Collection – beautiful, but come on! We’re not all as rich as JK!

Posted by glow_freak on September 11, 2012, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Hula_thumb

Who can afford that? ugh

Posted by DarthWeetzie on September 11, 2012, 07:42 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I think that anyone who could afford this set should take the money and donate regular sets of the books to schools / libraries in underprivilleged areas, donate to JKR’s charity, or do something good for the world. Of course, if you have enough for two of these sets, make sure to buy yourself one too! I don’t begrudge anyone for wanting this, but it seems like that much money could sure go to a good cause!

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on September 11, 2012, 03:54 PM report to moderator

£552 faints – I so need it in my life, but can’t justify that amount. I seriously need my head examined for buying the wizarding dvd collection for 170 quid. I suppose onevday, if I win the lottery..

Posted by mikey on September 11, 2012, 04:42 PM report to moderator

In this economy, what the blue blazes are these people thinking??? I’m sure these were all printed and made in China for pennies on the dollar and they expect us to fork over $800+. I thought the Wizard Collection was expensive but this takes the cake!

Posted by hewy on September 11, 2012, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Amazing! I’d love this…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on September 12, 2012, 02:57 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_2_thumb

As someone who is interested in the world of film-making and acting, I’ve placed my pre-order. I can’t wait until photos of the items included are released! I’d love to see what each individual book cover looks like.

Posted by PixieQueen83 on September 12, 2012, 08:55 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That price is just ridiculous!

Posted by Won_Two on September 12, 2012, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_2_thumb

It seems that Amazon has removed the item page from their website … how can this be? :(

Posted by PixieQueen83 on September 14, 2012, 01:17 PM report to moderator

This is now on Amazon.com for $600.

Posted by Silvius on November 09, 2012, 10:35 AM report to moderator

"Harry," said Ron, giggling weakly, lurching forward, seizing the front of Harry's robes and gazing at him with unfocused eyes. "There you are... Ha ha ha... You look funny, Harry... You're all messed up..."[br]Ron's face was very white and something dark

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014