JK Rowling to Launch "The Casual Vacancy" at Southbank Centre on Sept. 27

Books
Posted by: Stephanie_J
August 02, 2012, 12:24 PM

J.K. Rowling will be in attendance at a special event to launch her new novel, The Casual Vacancy, on September 27 at London's Southbank Centre.

Ms. Rowling will read a passage from the book before taking part in a conversation with journalist and author Mark Lawson and answering questions from the audience. A book signing will follow the event.

Tickets can be purchased beginning tomorrow at 3 p.m. BST at this page. Members of the Southbank Centre can already begin buying their tickets. The event will take place in the Queen Elizabeth Hall at 7:30 p.m.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Raven_avatar_thumb

If you can go you must get a book signed!

Posted by Won_Two on August 02, 2012, 12:59 PM report to moderator

I WISH I COULD GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :((((((((((((((

Posted by katelyner123 on August 02, 2012, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Lucky Londoners!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on August 02, 2012, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

It’s times like these where it sucks living in North America. The Brits have everything that’s good.

Posted by Acciobrooms on August 02, 2012, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

That’s so Cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on August 03, 2012, 03:21 AM report to moderator
Hp_wallpaper_thumb

Thank you, thank you, thank you Leaky! Because of this message, I was able to book a seat just a few minutes ago! OMG!!!! I’m going to see JKR live!

Posted by sue1308 on August 03, 2012, 10:04 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Just like she did with HP.
We have a Mark Lawson here in the US, but he’s an actor. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 03, 2012, 08:32 PM report to moderator
Hungerdivergentpotter_thumb

I wish I could go! :(

Posted by WizardRockFansAreTheSweetestKindOfFans on August 08, 2012, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Img_0081_thumb

anybody know, can we buy The Casual Vacancy there, on the day, because I have not pre-ordered a copy yet? If anyone else is going, I will have the deathly hallows sign drawn on my hand, try spot me :)

Posted by Hinkypuff on September 25, 2012, 03:03 PM report to moderator

"Now, Harry, I'm going to teach you a little lesson. Let's match the powers of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin, against famous Harry Potter, and the best weapons Dumbledore can give him...."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014