Pottermore: Next Instalment Progress

News
Posted by: Catherine
August 15, 2012, 12:34 PM

An update has been posted about the next instalment of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on Pottermore. According to Pottermore Insider, editors are back in the studio working on more sound features for the next instalment.

We've been back in the studio this week, finalising more sounds that feature in the second instalment of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

From the cry of the Mandrake to Moaning Myrtle's sobs, we've been making sure the effects are just right.

There will be another development update, here on the Insider next week.

Stay close to Leaky for news on that next update!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Raven_avatar_thumb

I still have not gotten around to finishing the first installment… Perhaps I shall wait until it is complete…

Posted by Won_Two on August 15, 2012, 01:13 PM report to moderator
Rainbow-page2_thumb

There are two ’l’s in installment. I’m being petty, I know, but it’s bugging me. :)

Posted by Josephine on August 15, 2012, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

After consulting three dictionaries I find that the double “ll” is U.S. usage. In this context the single"l" is used in U.K.

Posted by Graymayne on August 15, 2012, 02:01 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

Has someone hacked Leaky? At the top where is says DH1 is here, there is always a pic of Robert Pattinson. I think this started a few days ago. Oh, and yesterday, it was a picture of a dog. ????

Posted by silverkacy on August 15, 2012, 04:59 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

@silverkacy – sounds like you have the pictures that have always graced the Hufflepuff’s pages. Never, ever, have I understood the dog, I get the Cedric connection, but have yet to figure out what the dog represents :-)

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on August 15, 2012, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

@ Want to be a Weasley
The photo of a dog is a practical joke from John Noe—he designed the Puff pages and he likes to make fun of us. When he googled Hufflepuff the dog came up and he thought it was funny so he added it to the slide. :P

IDK whose messing with the gadgets—“Harry A History” was re-counting down a couple of weeks ago!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on August 15, 2012, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I really dont understand why it should take so long to complete the sound. Ah well.

Posted by LunaLuver on August 15, 2012, 10:14 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

I can’t wait ’til we get to go back to Hogwarts!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on August 16, 2012, 02:12 AM report to moderator
Rainbow-page2_thumb

That clears it up. Thanks, Graymayne.

Posted by Josephine on August 16, 2012, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Random-4_thumb

I am still having problems with “exploring” book 2. I can pick up items but not explore as in book 1. anyone have thoughts on this?

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on August 16, 2012, 12:09 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I think I am the only one that has lost interest in Pottermore, I would just rather have all of the ‘extra info bits’ in a book that I could sit in a cozy chair and read. Even my son has tired of dueling and mixing potions.

@Catherine – thank you for the dog explanation, I had always wondered :-)

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on August 16, 2012, 03:04 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Does anyone else find the house rivalry business a bit pathetic (e.g. the dog thing mentioned above)? I didn’t like it when I was at school myself, and JKR makes it clear in the books how much anguish it causes at Hogwarts, so why imitate it here or on Pottermore?

@Graymayne, yes, ‘instalment’ is the British usage.

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on August 16, 2012, 03:11 PM report to moderator

"[Honeydukes has] [i]everything[/i].... Pepper Imps -- they make you smoke at the mouth -- and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills, which you can suck in class and just look like you're think

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014