Emma Watson on Moving from Hermione to Sam in "Perks"

News
Posted by: Catherine
August 14, 2012, 11:48 AM

Emma Watson recently commented on her transition from playing Hermione Granger to playing Sam from The Perks of Being a Wallflower. She talked to Entertainment Weekly about meeting Stephen Chbosky (author, screen writer, and director of Perks) and being convinced to play the role:

“At our initial meeting, he said, ‘Okay, not  only is this going to be one of the most important parts you play, you’re also going to have the summer of your life and meet some of your best friends.’ I thought, ‘That’s quite a claim. Who is this guy?” Watson says with a laugh. “Everything he said came true.”

The cast — which includes Logan Lerman and Ezra Miller —  all bonded while living in the same hotel in Pittsburgh, which Watson now calls one of her  favorite places. It was there that Watson can point to one particular scene — when Sam stands up in the back of a pickup truck driving through a tunnel — as the moment she was able to truly graduate from Hogwarts. “I started as Emma with some Hermione still left in my system,” she says. “I went through the tunnel and I came out ready to start something new.”

This scene can be seen in the official trailer of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

Cant wait to see Perks!!! =D I just saw this picture Leaky used the other day, and was surprised to see Emma has been growing out her hair. I’d gotted used to her pixie cut, and now thing I actualy prefer it. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on August 14, 2012, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

That should read ‘and now I actually prefer it’. ;)
And I was first, yay! =D

Posted by LunaLuver on August 14, 2012, 04:03 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

This looks like a really good film!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on August 14, 2012, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Hermione_poster_thumb

I love Perks (the book too) and Logan Lerman and Emma!!! CAN’T WAIT FOR SEP. 14!!!!

Posted by silverkacy on August 14, 2012, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mdtb9ptt2q1qj84c9o1_500_thumb

I can’t wait to see her in this new role.I havent read Perks yet.I gotta change that!

Posted by ResaPotter on August 14, 2012, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on August 15, 2012, 01:08 PM report to moderator

"Yeh could've died! All fer a dragon egg! I'll never drink again! I should be chucked out an' made ter live as a Muggle!"

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014