Evanna Lynch Interested in Historical Films

News
Posted by: Catherine
July 08, 2012, 10:36 AM

In a recent interview, Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) revealed her and her family's love of history. She said she would like to take a role in a movie that represented Ireland's "rich" history. Evanna Lynch also mentioned how playing different age roles effects her career, as well as a small project in which she is currently taking part. The Herald reports:

"I think our history is so rich and my dad is a history teacher and he's always telling me stories and there's so many things to write about and it's just a pity the film industry here is struggling a bit," she said.

"I think our historical dramas are just the best. Me and my family love The Wind That Shakes the Barley. Me and my mum were watching that and she was saying to me, 'Would you never get a film like that?'

"I would love to work in Ireland. Everywhere else I have to go and get a visa."

She recently made the transition from big screen to small with a role in the €22m fantasy series Sinbad.

It sees her coming into the Sky 1 programme in episode 12, when she takes on the role of Alehna, a 14-year-old rescued by Sinbad's crew.

"For a while, until I was about 18, I was always put in the 14 or 15 age bracket.

"My manager is like, 'You want to stay young as long as possible.' But it's limiting the kind of roles you can do when you're 14; they're not as interesting," she continued.

More of the interview and article can be read here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

That’s really interesting how she feels that way- I’m sure that will make her very successful in future projects. :D

Posted by katelyner123 on July 08, 2012, 10:54 AM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I’d like to see that.

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 08, 2012, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

That is very nice really…

Posted by Won_Two on July 08, 2012, 09:43 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

thats going to be very interesting i think i would like to see it

Posted by athena lupin on July 08, 2012, 10:28 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

thats going to be very interesting i think i would like to see it

Posted by athena lupin on July 08, 2012, 10:28 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

ooops didn’t mean to post that twice my computer is flipping out

Posted by athena lupin on July 08, 2012, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

I look forward to anything she’s in!=)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on July 09, 2012, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

It’s funny, because I’ve just got back home from ireland with lot’s of irish history. Very interesting. i hope to see her in a historical piece. I love historical dramas, especially set in Europe.

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on July 09, 2012, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I’d love to see his in an Historical film bout Ireland. Being of very string Irish roots myself, and my dream of one day visiting there, its so nice to hear her wanting to do something thats in her blood. I think she will do a smashing job in all her roles. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 09, 2012, 04:48 PM report to moderator

What a lovely and grounded young lady she is!

Posted by hewy on July 09, 2012, 05:54 PM report to moderator

I love how so many of the actors in HP are interested in academic things. Emma going to college even when she has her life set, Evanna interested in history…

Posted by hogwarts-is-my-home on July 12, 2012, 10:21 AM report to moderator
268180_166174443451204_514085_n_thumb

Evanna <3

Posted by alexandremachado on July 16, 2012, 07:58 PM report to moderator

"Possibly no one's warned you, Lupin, but this class contains Neville Longbottom. I would advise you not to entrust him with anything difficult. Not unless Miss Granger is hissing instructions in his ear."