Rupert Grint Runs in Olympic Torch Relay, JK Rowling in Opening Ceremony

News
Posted by: Catherine
July 27, 2012, 05:38 PM

It is hectic here in Olympic London, as well as all over the country. Rupert Grint took part in the Olympic Torch Relay, running the ever-lit torch from Middlesex University. He ran the torch down hill to Barnet, near London. The Examiner reports:

One of 8,000 torchbearers who will have made this special 2012 Olympics run once its finally over and that started and will end in London, the 23-year-old actor was eager to take part in the tradition. The thespian did, however, admit to the British press that he is new to running.

Still, as this big run nears its end, Rupert Grint was successful and among the last to carry the official Olympics torch as this seminal symbol of the games heads for Olympic Stadium. There, the last torchbearer will light the cauldron in a dramatic way during the much-anticipated opening ceremony that say with a lot of pomp and circumstance that the games, herewith, begin.

There are images of Rupert available to see online--I am currently experiencing technical difficulties in embedding, my apologies.

In other Olympic news; the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic games has commenced here in London. It may be delayed do to time differences around the world. JK Rowling is taking part in this ceremony. It is a special appearance, and we hope to have footage shortly (as the ceremony is still in progress)! snitchseeker has posted rehearsal images online. The images show Jo reading, and a massive blow-up Voldemort!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

I guess the Olymipcs started today. I’m not paying much, if any attention to them, but it is nice to see some bit of HP involved. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on July 27, 2012, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

How brilliant to see Harry Potter represented at the olympics!!!! And how very English to have someone just reading in the opening ceremony haha.
Go Rupert!

Posted by Fawkes1706 on July 27, 2012, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Rupert’s torch stint was at the start of the afternoon session on day 68. The BBC currently have the days torch sessions on their website at http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day68

Posted by roonwit on July 27, 2012, 08:01 PM report to moderator
315475_491136950901884_1807119504_n_thumb

thats awesome! :D i wish i could have been there!

Posted by athena lupin on July 27, 2012, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Vdpqtmg_thumb

I watched it all on TV, it was awesome. I plan on watching the Olympics (like I always do).

Posted by Acciobrooms on July 27, 2012, 08:59 PM report to moderator

Awesome!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Posted by katelyner123 on July 27, 2012, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Assassin_of_the_tsar_thumb

I saw it it was so cool! Of yourse there had to be some HP, it’s British after all! Oh and Kenneth Branagh (aka Lockhart) “read” Shakespeare. It was also very coool with James Bond, Mary Poppins and that little “story”. I am not very into the Olympics, only interesting thing was probably the Opening Ceremony and the Torch Relay LOLXP

Posted by Milla Aiko Indie on July 28, 2012, 06:18 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

@LL: Same, the olympics aren’t really my ‘cup of tea’. LOL I actually hate tea.
Featuring HP in the ceromony was pretty cool only on the whole I found teh ceromony a little disapointing and in som eparts, boring.
It’s awesome that Rupert Grint was chosen to hold thr torch, too bad he didn’t take it in front of my house, I was actually hoping matthew lewis is teh one to carry it when it went past my house only it was just a normal guy from teh community. Oh well, I bet it was cool for him to have been recognised. ;)

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on July 28, 2012, 10:53 AM report to moderator
Daniel_radcliffe_being_perfect_thumb

So proud of both of them! I saw pics of Rupert and watched Jo+the giant blow up Voldemort…not gonna lie, I was so happy to see Jo on my screen that I cried! It was great of London to include all the Harry Potter stuff – SO HAPPY they did!

Posted by Potterhead777 {ROAR!} on July 28, 2012, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How very lovely…

Posted by Won_Two on July 30, 2012, 10:16 PM report to moderator

"[Honeydukes has] [i]everything[/i].... Pepper Imps -- they make you smoke at the mouth -- and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills, which you can suck in class and just look like you're think