Badges a New Addition to Pottermore

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Mel
July 25, 2012, 07:13 PM

Yesterday, the Pottermore team added Badges as a new way for users to experience the site. The Pottermore Insider reports:

Badges are a new, fun and rewarding addition, which we hope students will enjoy acquiring as they explore Pottermore.

Currently, three Pottermore Badges are available – the Explorer, Discoverer and Scarlet Engine. More Badges will be coming in the near future so keep a look out and make them a part of your Badge collection.

You can view the Badges on your profile page, where you will be able to see the ones you have been awarded, or learn how to get your next Badge, by hovering over the Badge name and following the instructions.

In the meantime, let us know what you think of the new Badges, which ones you’ve collected and if there are any you’d like to see become available in the future.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

This sounds good, but three is hardly any

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on July 25, 2012, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Shaw__4__thumb

I just logged in, and they gave them all to me. They aren’t exactly hard to unlock either.

Posted by HogwartsForever on July 25, 2012, 10:06 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Been so long been I’ve been in Pottermore! I actually really miss it! :D

Posted by lovelle on July 25, 2012, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Bellatrix-bellatrix-lestrange-2012161-100-100_thumb

it;s great that they’re still improving pottermore, but they should hurry up with the books. otherwise we’ll be albe to explore’ deathly hallows’ in ten years

Posted by Unforgiven on July 26, 2012, 05:32 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Aha! Got mine!

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 26, 2012, 06:12 AM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

Has anyone else wondered how they will manage to put the later books into Pottermore format, with jolly games to play? I mean – click on the right bead of the chandelier to stop Professor Burbage being tortured? ::mind boggles::

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on July 26, 2012, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I got mine… reward for zero effort is always rewarding . Really, it doesn’t matter to me one way or another. I got on PM this weekend to see if I had missed anything (alas, no) & then when they released the badges I logged on, saw mine and got off.

Posted by Ravenclaw78 on July 26, 2012, 09:13 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Badges? Badges? We don’ need no estinkin’ badges… o.0

Posted by Won_Two on July 26, 2012, 06:30 PM report to moderator

"Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details see my published works."