Alan Rickman Excited for "CBGB"

News
Posted by: Catherine
June 05, 2012, 10:59 PM

As reported previously, Alan Rickman will be starring in CBGB as club owner, Hilly Kristal. Alan Rickman released his first statement about his role in the movie to the Daily Telegraph. According to the article, Mr. Rickman is very excited to “vibe” and live a "second youth”, stating:

“Sadly I never got to go to the club when it was around, but they’re reconstructing it as we speak in a studio in Savannah so I’ll have my second youth there,” the Harry Potter star declares.

“I’ll get what might be called the vibe when I go there in three weeks, I’ll be vibing."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

Yeah first comment! I like retro music era movies like Almost Famous and Rockstar. This one sounds really interesting,

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on June 05, 2012, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Lol, Snape will be vibing. I love it!!! XD

Posted by LunaLuver on June 05, 2012, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Severus_x_2_thumb

This sounds like something different. I wonder if we will see it in the UK?

Posted by Valeria-Johanna on June 06, 2012, 03:35 AM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

Sounds intriguing but I’m not sure he’ll be “staring” into it! :D

Posted by VoodooPadfoot - {WBM} on June 06, 2012, 04:22 AM report to moderator
E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

@VoodooPadfoot: What does thatmean?

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on June 06, 2012, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

@Elodie, if you reread the first sentence of the news item you’ll see that someone misspelled ‘starring’ as ‘staring.’

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 06, 2012, 11:14 AM report to moderator
Got-hogwarts_houses_thumb

Don’t feel bad, Alan – I lived in NYC during some of the prime years of CBGB’s and never went to the club either. Never wanted to.

It’s fun to imagine how AR would enunciate ’I’ll be vibing,’ though!

Posted by WeenyOwl {The Human Deluminator} on June 06, 2012, 11:17 AM report to moderator

Wow, I am soooooo excited for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! And even better, I live in Georgia. Though I am far from Savannah I will be in the same state as him O. O :DDDDDDDDDD

Posted by katelyner123 on June 06, 2012, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

@ WeenyOwl, CBGB was a rathole… But so was the Cavern… Lotsa famous acts get started in such places…

Posted by Won_Two on June 06, 2012, 11:47 AM report to moderator
E_sunshine_gif_match_darke_moon_thumb

Thanks Weenty :) !!

Posted by Elodie Eeylop on June 07, 2012, 01:34 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

We should really look out for this! Alan Rickman will be in this movie! And so will RUPERT GRINT! So excited about this actually! :D

Posted by lovelle on June 14, 2012, 07:07 PM report to moderator

I’m excited too!

Posted by hogwarts-is-my-home on July 12, 2012, 03:56 PM report to moderator

But whether James really did take off Snape's pants, Harry never found out. A hand had closed tight over his upper arm, closed with a pincerlike grip. Wincing, Harry looked around to see who had hold of him, and saw, with a thrill of horror, a fully grow