Pottermore: Chamber of Secrets Update

News
Posted by: Catherine
May 28, 2012, 01:54 PM

Pottermore recently tweeted an update on the progress of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. The tweet read:

@ pottermore : Chamber of Secrets update: this week we're recording audio for the Moments

Pottermore insider gave more details on this porgress of Chamber of Secrets, stating:

Chamber of Secrets update:
This week, we're in the sound studio recording audio for the Chamber of Secrets Moments. We're also working on Chapter Three, The Burrow, and Chapter Seventeen, The Heir of Slytherin.

Stay tuned to Leaky for more Pottermore updates!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent News News

Cool! It’s going to be fun with more of pottermore :-)

Won_Two: Propley the people who got a user on pottermore .. (:

Posted by Magical Arts on May 29, 2012, 02:30 PM report to moderator

Cool! It’s going to be fun with more of pottermore :-)

Won_Two: Propley the people who got a user on pottermore .. (:

Posted by Magical Arts on May 29, 2012, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I am so ready to move on to Chamber of Secrets. I really hope they start working on Prisoner as soon as they finish Chamber. It doesn’t take as long to read through Pottermore as it did any of the books and there isn’t as much to discuss since we know the story. They need to pick up the pace now that the Beta is over. I’m curious, though, why it still says Beta on my page. Are they still doing Beta even though they have opened it to everyone?

Posted by Eeyore on May 30, 2012, 01:42 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

What I would like to see is a Pottermore edition for impatient people. I like the little bits of background information from Jo, like how she came up with names and everything, but I don’t want to click around for ages, find a quote from the books, and then finally find something new. At least give me the possibility to go to the new bits without a detour. (Just something to keep me happy until the ‘Scottish book’ comes out)
Am I the only one who gets a bit bored and frustrated with Pottermore, just because it takes so long to move on? And I am not talking about the fact that the next book isn’t on it yet, I’ve only just started on chapter two of PS.

I’m sure there are some real ‘gems’ to be found, but I want them now, not after spending weeks on the site (Yeah, I know I’m sounding like a little kid. Did I say I am a bit impatient? ;o) )

Posted by Tarana on May 30, 2012, 06:31 PM report to moderator

If there’s anything that the Harry Potter series has taught, one huge life lesson is surely the joy of waiting and anticipation? How much fun have we all had in those glorious years between books. Speculating, pouring over wording and details, or just watching a countdown app ticking the precious seconds away until the moment of a new release comes.
I would give anything to go back to those years, and I find the Pottermore hunt extremely rewarding when you come to a new piece of information. I cherish these moments and would hate to have a Staples Easy button to skip to the prizes.

I really hope they take their time. Pottermore is giving us the chance to relive the magic in a new and fresh way. Let’s not take that for granted.

Posted by pottermate on May 30, 2012, 11:38 PM report to moderator
Believe_in_yourself_thumb

In a way, I understand what you mean, Rettophantom. Thanks for your post.
But to me Pottermore is not a way of reliving those happy times. The joy and anticipation – and let’s not forget the predictions! – about what would happen in the next books, that was great. I was there from 1999 onwards and I loved most of it. That was all about the books (for me anyway). From Pottermore though, I expected some real stuff as a reward, not a quote I already know. But bits that later hopefully will appear in the encyclopedia. Perhaps also more little details I have missed. Like the beetle that Victor removed from Hermione’s hair, which proved to be Rita Skeeter. I love the little (or sometimes large) stuff like that.

That’s why, last year, I reread the HP books simultaneously with the books by James W. Thomas. Or why I sometimes join Leaky’s book clubs (when I have the time).
I am not very keen on computer games in general, and the results of Pottermore have, so far, been too meagre (and I’m sorry to say, too slow) to my taste. It takes up too much of my time, time which I could use to (re)read books. I will still look at it occasionally and I’m happy for the people who like it, so enjoy! But I guess I’m most of all a book person. Books rule! :o)

Posted by Tarana on May 31, 2012, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Anime-girl-anime-28002034-299-480_thumb

I cant wait for the Chamber of Secrets!! Hope it comes soon!! LOve HArRy PoTTeR!!!!!

Posted by Aleyn Briar Black on June 04, 2012, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Anime-girl-anime-28002034-299-480_thumb

Posted by Aleyn Briar Black on June 04, 2012, 12:52 PM report to moderator

Up in the air, Snape turned on his broomstick just in time to see something scarlet shoot past him, missing him by inches -- the next second, Harry had pulled out of the dive, his arm raised in triumph, the Snitch clasped in his hand.[br] The stands erup