Wizarding World Still Making Magical Profits

Fan Events
Posted by: Catherine
May 02, 2012, 08:19 PM

Nearly two years after the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, the theme park is still magically raising Universal profits. Orlando reports that the theme park ticket and souvenir sales have contributed to a 17.1% growth rate. The Wizarding World has helped Universal's revenue gain 5.7% in the past three months! The article goes on to say:

"Nearly two years after the Wizarding World of Harry Potter's opening, Universal parent company Comcast credits the attraction with "reliable growth" in guest spending. Operating cash flow jumped 17.1 percent to $157 million, a measure of profitability Comcast says was primarily due to higher guest spending on tickets, food and souvenirs."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fan Events News

Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

See, HP is still going strong! As if there was ever a doubt. =)

Posted by LunaLuver on May 02, 2012, 09:19 PM report to moderator

Harry Potter wont stay the same or grow weaker, it grows stornger and better by the minute. I am so glad to be part of the biggest lifechanger and phenominon the world has ever seen! P.S. I spent SOOOO much at the theme park, its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! (I sat in the exact seat as Dan of the Flight of the Hippogriph! I still can’t believe it! I totally lost meh breath! :DDDDDDDDDDDD)

Posted by katelyner123 on May 02, 2012, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Oh… I so want to go!!!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on May 03, 2012, 02:00 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts_thumb

I want to go there!

Posted by Magic Moon on May 03, 2012, 11:40 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

My son is just 6 months old, can’t wait till he is old enough to go with me :-)

Posted by Rosie016 on May 03, 2012, 01:30 PM report to moderator

I love that p-lacE! I went twice and I could LIVE there!!!!! I sat in the exact rollercoaster seat that Dan Radcliffe sat in when he came O. O memories…….

Posted by katelyner123 on May 03, 2012, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

My but the time has really flown!….

Posted by Won_Two on May 03, 2012, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I really would like to go, but right now that doesn’t seem a realistic idea

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on May 04, 2012, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

it will get higher when I visit there! LOL!~

Posted by lovelle on May 06, 2012, 12:13 AM report to moderator

"You know [i]your[/i] mother, Malfoy?" said Harry -- both he and Hermione had grabbed the back of Ron's robes to stop him from launching himself at Malfoy -- "that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that,