J.K. Rowling's New Book "The Casual Vacancy" Out 27th September 2012

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Rosi
April 12, 2012, 09:08 AM

Hold on to your hats, people: the publisher Little, Brown has just put out a press release giving us the title of JK Rowling’s new book… The Casual Vacancy! The book will be out on the 27th September 2012 (worldwide release date) and Little, Brown also provided a plot summary:

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

Eeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Things to countdown to again! Let us know your initial thoughts in comments.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can’t wait!! I hope there will be more books to come after this :D

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 13, 2012, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

GoldenGem: Yes the book should sell well anyway (there are enough HP fans who will buy anything by JKR) but I don’t think it can hope to reach the popularity of the HP books, even if it proves to be an excellent book in its own right.

Posted by roonwit on April 13, 2012, 08:06 AM report to moderator

Wow! Sounds cool, haha.
Barry .. It sounds like I name I’ve heard before.. Could it be.. Harry?..
Haha -
Harry Barry Harry Barry Harry Barry …

I’m very excitied. I know she wont disappoint us.

Posted by Magical Arts on April 13, 2012, 08:34 AM report to moderator

@LunaLuver: Totally agree. I had to smile when I read it.

Posted by Magical Arts on April 13, 2012, 08:36 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Sounds like a book I’ll probably enjoy, looking forward to getting a copy in September.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 13, 2012, 10:58 AM report to moderator
Img_0283_thumb

Can’t wait for that! So excited to read it! I’m sure it’s going to be brilliant!

Posted by HermioneLunaHP on April 13, 2012, 11:46 AM report to moderator
1-5_thumb

Will there be a way to reserve a copy?

Posted by JessLovesRon on April 13, 2012, 11:50 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

sounds… whimsical! I’ve total faith, I’m looking forward to reading Jo’s dark humour off the page again

Posted by KiwiMcI on April 13, 2012, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Glimpse_of_a_unicorn_by_ironshod_thumb

It’s Rowling, I don’t think she can write a bad book….but I guess we will find out

Posted by Roxy tonks on April 13, 2012, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Bronwyn_almost_4_months_thumb

Sounds wonderful! I’m putting the release date on my calendar. :)

Posted by Xyra44 on April 13, 2012, 05:59 PM report to moderator
423928_2979823569581_1081661667_32966780_333709726_n_thumb

Oh my God! I can’t believe it’s coming!

Posted by Gene *ROAR* on April 14, 2012, 07:02 AM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

This sounds fun. I look forward to reading something else that she writes!

Posted by HarryLover on April 14, 2012, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Hermpoav_thumb

Oh, gosh! I’m relieved. I thought it might be something related to her charity work, like an in-depth description of the children and their conditions that she tries to do something about, and I wasn’t at all sure I’d like to read that. This seems a lot more promising…

Posted by Evreka on April 14, 2012, 10:12 AM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

I’m not normally a big fan of adult books or mysteries but for J.K. Rowling, I’ll make an exception!

Posted by Michelle32 on April 14, 2012, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Ron-and-hermione_thumb

Congratulations to her for the new book! :D

Posted by lovelle on April 15, 2012, 04:21 AM report to moderator

"If you don't stop doing it, I'm going to --"[br]"Put us in detention"? said Fred in an I'd-like-to-see-you-try-it voice.[br]"Make us write lines?" said George, smirking...[br]"No," she said, her voice quivering with anger, "but I will write to your mothe