J.K. Rowling's New Book "The Casual Vacancy" Out 27th September 2012

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Rosi
April 12, 2012, 09:08 AM

Hold on to your hats, people: the publisher Little, Brown has just put out a press release giving us the title of JK Rowling’s new book… The Casual Vacancy! The book will be out on the 27th September 2012 (worldwide release date) and Little, Brown also provided a plot summary:

When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.

Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.

And the empty seat left by Barry on the parish council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations?

Blackly comic, thought-provoking and constantly surprising, The Casual Vacancy is J.K. Rowling’s first novel for adults.

Eeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Things to countdown to again! Let us know your initial thoughts in comments.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

Vdpqtmg_thumb

I don’t care if this is made for adults or not I’m reading/buying that book.

Posted by Acciobrooms on April 12, 2012, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

I GOT THE TWEET DURING SCHOOL AND HAD TO CONTAIN MY EXCITEMENT UNTIL CLASS WAS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! SO ECSTATIC!!!!! CANT WAIT!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on April 12, 2012, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Odd title I must say. And the plot doesnt sound like something I’d reach for in the book store. I’ll give it a look through, but I doubt I’ll read the whole thing. If this wasnt written by Jo, I dont think it would be as popular as it already it. Just because HP was the best thing ever created, doent mean The Casual Vacancy will even come close.

Posted by LunaLuver on April 12, 2012, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Cover_avatar_thumb

I can’t wait for this! I love politics, so combining that with J.K. Rowling is going to be AWESOME!

Posted by Attolia [squee!!!] on April 12, 2012, 05:46 PM report to moderator
100gundlach_s_hawk_thumb

At any rate JKR will have at least one Best Seller at the top of the NY Times Adult Best Sellers list again. If she has more than one it will be up to her and how well this works.

Posted by Lady Hawke on April 12, 2012, 05:47 PM report to moderator
No_muggles_thumb

Sounds good…

Posted by Luna_lovegood17 on April 12, 2012, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Odd plot I must say…but i will read it never the less!:-)

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on April 12, 2012, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Ibelieber4059_thumb

It’s only the plot that is known yet it reflects how amazing the story would go..
Ms.J.K.Rowling has done it again!!! :)

Posted by AvisLight9186 on April 12, 2012, 10:18 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I like how they are kind of leaving the plot secret. I can’t wait to read it. I will buy, and if there is a midnight release, I’ll be there.

Posted by Elwood J. Blues on April 12, 2012, 10:51 PM report to moderator

I think I’ll skip it. Doesn’t sound like my kind of book at all.

Posted by Ratorr on April 12, 2012, 11:01 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 13, 2012, 05:09 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

I read somewhere that it was gonna be called Lairs of the lady Po (or something along those lines) so I thought it sounded too adultish and kinda boring and wasn’t gonna bother with it. However, this is much better annd I’m looking forward to reading it. XD

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on April 13, 2012, 05:15 AM report to moderator
The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

The_wanted_comic_relief_thumb

Oops! Double post, sorry. :S

Posted by Grindylow_101: Avis Mauvais Malfoy=:) on April 13, 2012, 05:16 AM report to moderator
1b6254349a584bd136e047f7ef09b20674abbb5_s_thumb

I am already a huge fan of P D James and other murder & mystery writers so I will definitely try JKR’s book but I don’t think it will have the attraction that the HP books had. The first books should sell well though on her name alone but unless it’s brilliant I don’t think there is the same sort of market she had with the HP books, nothing like in fact.

Posted by GoldenGem on April 13, 2012, 07:35 AM report to moderator

"Potter!"[br]The voice rang across the entrance hall; Snape had emerged from the staircase leading down to his office, and at the sight of him Harry felt a great rush of hatred beyond anything he felt toward Malfoy... Whatever Dumbledore said, he would ne

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014