Pottermore Opening to Everyone in Early April

J.K. Rowling
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 08, 2012, 08:55 AM

The Pottermore Insider updated today to announce that Pottermore.com will be coming out of the Beta phase and open to everyone in early April 2012.

The Beta period for Pottermore was extended indefinitely toward the end of last year. The Insider explains why this decision was made:

We always knew Pottermore would be incredibly popular, which is why we made the decision to only open to one million Beta users to begin with. We wanted to make sure that we had a really good understanding of how people want to use the site and which bits we’d need to modify before giving more people access.
We gathered some incredibly useful feedback from our Beta users, and it became clear that our original platform wouldn’t be suitable when millions more users came on to the site. So we made a big decision: to move Pottermore to an entirely different platform set up. This ‘invisible’ change has involved a lot of work behind the scenes but it will enable our users to get the best from Pottermore as it grows and develops.
The Pottermore team notes that, through fan feedback, they have decided to add more exclusive content and features to the site, including sounds. Stick close to Leaky as we continue to report on the latest updates surrounding Pottermore.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent J.K. Rowling News

I think there will be a lot more disappointed folks when they realize what is actually there. I haven’t been on the site in months…alas, it seems it was much ado about not much:( After all the hype I expected more content.

Posted by ginevra47 on March 08, 2012, 09:07 AM report to moderator

Well, I’m super excited about this! Finally, I’ll be able to get the eBooks, and I’ll be able to take the greatest books ever written with me everywhere I go. I can’t deny that this will disappoint lots of people, but I personally love all the little bits of info on Pottermore.

Posted by tob2007 on March 08, 2012, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

This is good news. Maybe we will be able to be on the site without being knocked out. I might even try potions again since the time to make the potion my be less. One was 90 minutes waiting.

Posted by Cool G on March 08, 2012, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Petunia2_thumb

I go on the site daily for wand battles XD But I’ve been dying for more content! Hopefully the next book will be available when it gets opened to the public! I can’t wait to see the other stores open up in Diagon Alley, as well.

Posted by Mad But Happy on March 08, 2012, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Dobby_thumb

honestly, this site was a disappointment. the hype was more than it should have been, and like ginevra47, i havent been on it in months. the book doesnt take long to go through and the best part is the backstories (which i loved!). besides the potion making (which gets old) and the dueling, this could have been alot more interactive. for now i will just enjoy the extra content of the books

Posted by jennluvsharry on March 08, 2012, 11:23 AM report to moderator

wow. Pottermore ae kobe dhukbo..

Posted by SayemPotter on March 08, 2012, 12:10 PM report to moderator

I wonder if there will be some way of telling the new content from what was there before. Once I made it through the chapters, I’ve been back only a few times, maybe once every other month or so. Personally, I hope the make a few changes to the spells part. The last time I was there, there was only one spell you could use to practice. Unless I was missing something, the only way to use spells is when you’re in a duel. The first time you use most spells is in duel, so you can’t practice. I don’t really have any interest of dueling, but I wouldn’t mind being top try a few on my own.

Posted by zoltan42 on March 08, 2012, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Random-4_thumb

wasn’t one of the million, so hard to say. I am excited in that there will be some new Potter content out there, but most of the comments that I have read have been lukewarm at best. Will definitely try it out…..

Posted by RaytheforgottenWeasley on March 08, 2012, 01:40 PM report to moderator
6-8b2a0dac50cab1dc7808800c700d3762_thumb_thumb

one word….FINALLLYY!! :D excited

Posted by teamtonks on March 08, 2012, 02:18 PM report to moderator
100_4747_thumb

I can’t wait to join!

Posted by HarryLover on March 08, 2012, 02:29 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

Yay! Can’t wait :D!!! SUPER excited!

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on March 08, 2012, 03:09 PM report to moderator
Ravenpuff_thumb

I was on vacation for the Magic Quill contest, so wasn’t able to be a part of Beta, so I am very excited for this after a long wait. I was quite upset with the delay, and am glad to hear how much it seems to be improving a lot. I hope that this will be better than the Pottermore that I heard about. I, of course am excited to read the new content, but I am mostly just excited to figure out my house.

Posted by Ravenpuffmax on March 08, 2012, 03:10 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

It seems that they really have taken notice of the feedback which is good news, adding sounds will definitely make the experience a little more interesting. I have loved all the extra content, but not been overwhelmed by anything else, but I do know that lots of people have enjoyed making potions and duelling, I’ve done a little of that, but it’s not really my thing, so I only visit once in a blue moon. I hope that they will open the Chamber of Secrets book soon after the site has been open to all, I’m itching to start exploring the next book and looking for more extra content.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 08, 2012, 03:21 PM report to moderator

Oh my gosh, I am so excited that I ill finally be able to join Pottermore!!!! :D

Posted by katelyner123 on March 08, 2012, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

This is great for everyone who wasnt lucky enough to become a Beta Tester. I got in because of a friend but havet been on much only because I’ve been busy along with computer problems. But whenever I have been on I’ve really enjoyed it. :)

Posted by LunaLuver on March 08, 2012, 04:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Have you had any thoughts about what you would like to do after you leave Hogwarts?"[br]"Er," said Harry...[br]"Yes?" Professor McGonagall prompted Harry.[br]"Well, I thought of, maybe, being an Auror," Harry mumbled.