"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" Nominated for Five Empire Awards

DH Film
Posted by: Mel
March 05, 2012, 06:58 PM

The Empire Awards, which will be held on March 25th in London, have given "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" five nominations:

• Best Female Newcomer (Bonnie Wright)
  • The Art of 3D (which will award the movie that best utilized 3D)
  • Best Actor (Daniel Radcliffe)
  • Best Director (David Yates)
  • Best Film

In the category of Best Actor, Radcliffe will compete against Harry Potter alum Gary Oldman (Sirius Black) for his role in the film "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy."

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2" and "Drive" are tied for the most nominations. You can read more here.

Many thanks to Max for owling!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Dh-all_s-fair-in-love-and-war_thumb

First to comment! Love that HP is getting so many award nominations. We’d better win!

Posted by Hermione_Granger_Weasley on March 05, 2012, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Hope they win fingers crossed

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on March 05, 2012, 07:37 PM report to moderator
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT’S ABOUT TIME THEY HAVE DANIEL RADCLIFFE UP AS A NOMINEEE BECAUSE HE IS THE BEST ACTOR IN THE UNIVERSE AND NO ONE IS OR EVER WILL BE BETTER AND HE IS TOTALLY GOING TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE NOMINEES, HP PWNS AND BLOWS MANY MINDS ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by katelyner123 on March 05, 2012, 08:33 PM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

Yay! I am so glad! I cannot wait. A first for Bonnie! YAY!

Posted by sidnandragin on March 06, 2012, 12:07 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_mhtdm2xtoo1r5souzo7_250_thumb
20981 Points

Bonnie isnt really a newcomer I dont think. As much a I love Dan, I think, and please dont throw your shoes at me, Gary Oldman should win. ducks behind her chair

Posted by LunaLuver on March 06, 2012, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Emma_watson_drawing_thumb

Yay this is great. I think they all have a good chances of winning the awards except maybe Bonnie. No offence but I always thought Ginny was portrayed as a sort of background character. I mean in the films Ginny may as well not be there, except for in the CoS and end of DH it wouldn’t really make much of a difference. :I But if she did win it’ll still be awesome- More HP awards!

Posted by Grindylow_101 on March 06, 2012, 11:10 AM report to moderator

CONGRATS! I really appreciate all the nominations, yet they’re still snubbed. No me gusta.

Posted by . on March 06, 2012, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_myzun5xhwu1tp4ll0o4_r1_250_thumb

They need to win something after the terrible oscar incidents…

Posted by horcruxhunter7 on March 07, 2012, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Who is running The Empire these days?

Posted by Won_Two on March 10, 2012, 10:50 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Time is short, and unless the few of us who know the truth stand united, there is no hope for any of us."