Platform 9 3/4 Gets Permanent Location at King's Cross Station

Fans
Posted by: Stephanie_J
March 14, 2012, 10:41 AM

The Platform 9 3/4 display at King's Cross in London finally has a permanent location after being shuffled around for several years while the station underwent major renovations.

According to the Huffington Post, the popular pilgrimage site for Harry Potter fans - which features a sign for the platform and a trolly seemingly going through the wall - will now be located in the Western Departures Concourse. A map of the station, with Platform 9 3/4 clearly marked, can be seen here. The new concourse will be open for travelers (and Potter fans!) beginning March 19.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Thank_you_thumb

They have put a sign up that says ‘Platform 9 3/4’, and there are arrows for it everywhere, now all the Muggles can see it!! I was so tempted to find a member of staff and complain about this serious breech of the Statute of Secrecy!!

Posted by Livi22-((ROAR!)) on March 15, 2012, 02:59 PM report to moderator

I hope I can see it when I am traveling to London in the summer holidays!
But, the sign isen’t on Kings Cross? .. :/

Posted by Magical Arts on March 15, 2012, 03:17 PM report to moderator
Rofr10_thumb

Livi22-((ROAR!)): Actually it is just there to confuse the muggles. The real entrance to Platform 9 3/4 is somewhere else!

Posted by roonwit on March 15, 2012, 03:39 PM report to moderator

so cool! now ill have to make a trip to london just to see it :)

Posted by LunaLoonyLovegood on March 15, 2012, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Tonks3_thumb

OMG SOOOOOOOO COOL!!!!!!

Posted by Miranda Legard on March 16, 2012, 10:38 AM report to moderator

IT’S ABOUT TIME! (X LOVE IT! CAN’T WAIT TO VISIT IT! (X

Posted by . on March 16, 2012, 10:09 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Awesome!! replying to this: MAN!!!! I WISH I LIVED IN THE UK!!!! :( Harry Potter is so awesome that it affects things in the real world too- nice.

Posted by katelyner123 on March 14, 2012, 04:20 PM report to moderator
I’m glad to say that I DO live in the UK (lucky me!!)

Posted by lilyluna257 on March 17, 2012, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Quite excellent

Posted by Won_Two on March 18, 2012, 11:28 PM report to moderator

Cool idea, but even when I expanded the window, the print was so small I couldn’t find the location for [b]anything[/b] clearly marked.

Posted by BillieMac on March 21, 2012, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lyvgvgwmhl1qfx9mio1_500_thumb

I wish I lived in London! That would be so cool!

Posted by Lana Lark on April 06, 2012, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Img_0027_thumb

YES! Someday, when I grow up, I’m going to go to England at like August 31 and camp out there until the next morning, see how many people try to run into the wall. :)

Posted by EG101 *ROAR* on April 06, 2012, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Timeturner2_thumb

i live in the uk, and hope to visit there in the summer holidays when we go out for the day to london and would love to get a photo of me there at it. :-)
i was at kings cross one day a year ago near by and all. :)

Posted by mariakingsford on April 09, 2012, 06:39 PM report to moderator

He was looking down into a kind of pit, an underground room, and lying on the floor some ten feet below, apparently fast asleep, thin and starved in appearance, was the real Mad-Eye Moody. His wooden leg was gone, the socket that should have held the magi